View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Is there a non-dev forum 

Post Is there a non-dev forum
Hey guys

Is there a forum that is not development related for Cortex Command?

It would be nice to be able to post game play experiences, tips and tricks and hear how every one else plays. I don't think the dev forum would be the right place for posts such as these.

It would also be good to have somewhere to post ideas and suggestions rather then starting a new 'Best idea Ever!!' thread in the general forum.

Maybe there could be a game play and suggestions forum or something. If this already exists then please link me =)

thanks

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:41 am
Profile WWW

Dev forum just means it's umm... Err... For a game in development.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:10 am
Profile ICQ WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

We might start a gameplay forum soon... have some neat ideas to help everyone share their in-game action. Think automatic gif capture, and later, full blown demo playback a la quake.

You could then post your small playback demo file and anyone could load it and see exactly what happened during your game! We've got a lot of work to do until then - gotto make the engine and simulation completely deterministic with a given stream of recorded player input...

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:32 am
Profile ICQ

We might start a gameplay forum soon... have some neat ideas to help everyone share their in-game action. Think automatic gif capture, and later, full blown demo playback a la quake.

You could then post your small playback demo file and anyone could load it and see exactly what happened during your game! We've got a lot of work to do until then - gotto make the engine and simulation completely deterministic with a given stream of recorded player input...

anyone can record their games today if they install and use camstudio..
http://www.camstudio.org/

at least it worked for me when i play windowed (albeit my game play is definitely not worth recording :/) just by setting up the region .. with or without audio and quality as you desire.

:)

Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]