View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
 S.A.W. *(26/12/2014) UPDATE: V11.2 [STEAM WORKSHOP] 

Post Re: S.A.W. *(01/09/2011) UPDATE: V11.0 'Mac Version up!'
Show me what was "bugged" for you, please.

And I can't stress this enough, please:

READ THE BIPEDAL MANUAL.

Should take you at least 5 minutes to read. There's even tl;dr inside for those who are too lazy to read it all.

The reason the Gatling gun has 1 round is because it's scripted. It doesn't indicate the ammo it has, it indicates the heat the gun is producing. If it gets over 100 then it overheats and you are unable to fire the weapon.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:12 am

Erm..I read the bipedal manual AND posted what was wrong in a older post and got no real help and had to figure it out myself...

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:12 am

And as a Side note the gatling gun fired 1 bullet I tested it several times

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:13 am

Then you've either broken the script or edited it. Look at the console and check if there any errors. If there is, show me what they are.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:30 am

Oh hey, Coops is posting. I can take this opportunity to tell you SAW is one of my favorite mods! :grin:

Though I need to ask, do you or anyone else get tons of FPS drop when using the Commander/Elite/Mech? The shield lags a ton, and I haven't seen anyone else post about it.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:17 am

NikolaiLev wrote:
Though I need to ask, do you or anyone else get tons of FPS drop when using the Commander/Elite/Mech? The shield lags a ton, and I haven't seen anyone else post about it.

It is not just you, there was a report of it with the Elite on the previous page, and I also get some.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:53 am

Oh my god, you think it would be obvious.

It's because he has some wack lua based shields that are too good for even one of the top five super computers in the world. (Can you imagine running CC on a supercomputer?)

Now, I know how to disable them on the mech since he's told me, but it's his floor if he wants to give out some lagging based information on, Elites.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 am
Profile WWW

The reason the shields lag tremendously is because the scripts are emitting two different raycasts every frame and then multiplying that by however much the math.random() number generates (Usually around 5-10 times). The first raycast checks for collision with anything, then if it does find anything then it sends another raycast for more collision and to spawn the shield effects, Creating the bubble like effect when your shield touches something (Which in my opinion, looks ♥♥♥♥ awesome).

I'll work in a less-lag option for the not-so-powerful PC's where it will just rid of the shield effects.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 am

Coops9753 wrote:
(Which in my opinion, looks ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ awesome).

I'll work in a less-lag option for the not-so-powerful PC's where it will just rid of the shield effects.

I'm sorry for neglecting your shield coops. That sounds pretty cool when you explain it, plus it must've taken a bit for you to make something like that.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 am
Profile WWW

First of all, thank you so much for this mod. It probably currently my favourite thing in CC.
I just have one bug to report (sorry if it's already been brought up)
While playing the the included scenario type, no win message is given if the human player's brain is the RAAX-70R brain unit. You just get stuck there with no enemies :P

EDIT: Nevermind, there is no win message. I thought there was, but I guess not. Mah B.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:53 am

I Love Love Loooooooooooooooooove The Shield Effects IT LOOKS LIKE 24 KARATT INCARNATE

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:30 am

Hi!

I've been playing around with your mod quite a bit.

I changed some things (I changed tons of things, but this were the definitive changes):

- Bugfix - Grenades exploding just by selecting them:
ActivatesWhenReleased = 1 -> ActivatesWhenReleased = 0
Now they work like common grenades.

-Weapon removal: I removed about 5 weapons that didn't really bring anything new that vanilla didn't (mostly the ballistic guns, specially the shotguns). This pack had way too many weapons for my liking. I like many of them, but still I found about 5 or 6 of them unnecessary.

- I also removed the ballistic munition for the mech. It had a bug (if you shot downwards, it would insta-break the mech's shield), and I don't think it reserved fixing. The two other munitions seem enough, since you have the minigun for precise killing.

- I removed the short-range enemy locking from the dumb rockets. It took too much computer power for not that much better performance. That allowed me to bump the rocket load from 8 to 20 without it dropping the performance.

- I changed the long range javelin missile so: it only locks on targets with direct path. If it doesn't have a target it explodes. It also prefers the nearest target. It doesn't search much as the more complicated version you made, but it's more reliable and doesn't get on buggy situations.

Other than that, I love this mod. So many things well done, the effects on the mech (the damaged mech) have an incredible good feeling. It's probably my favourite mod ever. While I realize others are better made or more complex, this has my perfect combination of complexity, graphics and feeling. I already spent quite a bit understanding how it works, so if you want me to help fixing something tell me.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:27 am
Profile WWW

Sounds like you're quite the minimalist, Shalafi. I like the "boring" guns because they look consistent with the troops. I'd like a different handgun, though, I dislike the current one. But then again, I like pistols that fire fast since they usually function as sidearms. They also use the recoil script prevalent throughout the mod.

Oh, and I never meant to downplay the shield's value. I love it as well, I just wish it could somehow be optimized. My PC is an HD4890 and an E8600 with 3gb of ram. I really don't think it's a problem on my end. :P

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 am

Maybe its just me but i dislike the recoil it makes a lot of the guns underpowered and the fact that you cant rapid fire makes them even weaker

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:49 pm

NikolaiLev wrote:
Sounds like you're quite the minimalist, Shalafi. I like the "boring" guns because they look consistent with the troops. I'd like a different handgun, though, I dislike the current one. But then again, I like pistols that fire fast since they usually function as sidearms. They also use the recoil script prevalent throughout the mod.

Oh, and I never meant to downplay the shield's value. I love it as well, I just wish it could somehow be optimized. My PC is an HD4890 and an E8600 with 3gb of ram. I really don't think it's a problem on my end. :P

I have 0 problems with the shield, but I have a i5 2500k at 3.2Ghz. Maybe it could be optimized more, but I won't complain, the result is incredible. The way the shield gets outlined when a grenade explodes near is just so good.

About minimalism, yeah, I don't like weapons that just fit the theme, I like them being somewhat different from the vanilla ones. Specially because I like clean menus, not full of weapons that only behave slightly different.

And wooden, yes, many of the weapons from this faction are underpowered as-is, but not if you use them with the Actors. You have a shield/heal that compensates the recoil, making them fairly fun to use.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next