View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Combat Control Room V1.2 

Post Re: Combat Control Room V1.1b
ShnitzelKiller wrote:
make it take what is in your buy menu currently and deliver that.
This is impossible. Actor spawning is lines 107-116.

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Several ideas:
-Have an option to high-light a group of actors like in RTS's.
I tested placing orders on actors from the screen and it's really cumbersome. It's a lot easier to just select the actor and order it to do things.

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Several ideas:
-Make the actor display particles into MOSParticles and give each type of actor its own mini-picture or symbol..
This is a good idea, I'll see about doing it. If anyone wants to provide sprites, I'll get it done a lot faster.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 am

piipu wrote:
ShnitzelKiller wrote:
make it take what is in your buy menu currently and deliver that.
This is impossible. Actor spawning is lines 107-116.

Really? But can't you make it copy the buy menu?

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Well I just said it's impossible to do and therefore I can't do it. Also, Lizard sent me the sprites, I'll have the icons up in no time.
Edit: All done. Also, I though it would be fun if they would rotate with the actors they represent:Image
I'll just optimize a bit more and then release.

Double-edit: okay, it's released. Also added console access to the deliveries. ControlRoomDeliveryActor, ControlRoomDeliveryGun, ControlRoomDeliveryGun2 and ControlRoomDeliveryCraft are the presetnames of things that are spawned. So if you want to spawn a coalition heavy with a revolver cannnon, a heavy digger and loaded into a rocket MK1, open up the console and write
Code:
ControlRoomDeliveryActor = "Soldier Heavy"; ControlRoomDeliveryGun = "Revolver Cannnon"; ControlRoomDeliveryGun2 = "Heavy Digger"; ControlRoomDeliveryCraft = "Rocket MK1";
Note that the actor has to be an AHuman, the craft has to be an ACRocket and the guns have to be HDFirearms or the thing wont work unless you modify the .lua. Also, the delivery costs as much as it would normally.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:10 pm

piipu wrote:
Code:
ControlRoomDeliveryActor = "Soldier Heavy"; ControlRoomDeliveryGun = "Revolver Cannnon"; ControlRoomDeliveryGun2 = "Heavy Digger"; ControlRoomDeliveryCraft = "Rocket MK1";

How about using a table for the loadout somewhat like this:
Code:
ControlRoomDelivery = {}
ControlRoomDelivery[1] =    {
                        Craft = "Rocket MK1"
                        Actor = "Soldier Heavy",
                        Weapons =    {
                                    "Revolver Cannon",
                                    "Heavy Digger"
                                 }
                     }
Then several actors could be placed inside a crate by adding a table at ControlRoomDelivery[2] et cetera and maybe you could switch between those currently active set displayed by a number above the map.
Or am I just reinventing the buy menu?

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:11 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Combat Control Room V1.2
Okay, lua tables don't seem to work that way. On the bright side, I have made the spawning script thing more complicated. Now you can have four different loadouts. Sadly you'll have to write something like
Code:
ControlDelivery[1] = {Actor = {PresetName = "Robot 2" , ClassName = "AHuman" , Gun = {ClassName = "HDFirearm" , PresetName = "Revolver Cannnon"}} , Craft = {PresetName = "Drop Ship MK1" , ClassName = "ACDropShip"}}
to the console to change them. Also, just a single actor with a single weapon is possible at the moment. I'll work out some way to increase this amount. Meanwhile, suggest some useful loadouts.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
A drop crate loaded with crabs. Crab bombs are fun!

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
Don't. I want this to fit in with vanilla.

I meant a vanilla sprite, actually. I did a few bunker modules for funsies a year or so back. I think they fit very nicely (and I can do pretty good BGs for them, too!)

Other than that; The icons made it 100000000x cooler.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:55 am
Profile WWW

Is it access to get the dimensions of a sprite or deepgroup via Lua? If so, you could probably make a version where larger things are represented by larger indicators, either by Scale or just dividing them into categories and having a different indicator for each one...
EDIT: Also, hold switch actor and move the glowing yellow select circle near to the display to make the white particles used to display terrain glow blue. Pretty neat, even if it doesn't do anything.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:59 am
Profile WWW

♥♥♥♥. You beat me to the air strike thing. God damnit, that was going to be fun.

Bias aside, I like how this works when used ingame. I haven't the slightest idea how you got terrain portion of the radar working, but it's pretty nice. I like the cursor thing - this has needed to be done for a while - and, again, the radar is beautiful ingame.

However, you lose points for not supporting joysticks... or any kind of customization in your code at all. You also lose points for having hideous code, making it harder to add those customization options I just mentioned.
The majority of users won't see or otherwise be affected by those flaws, though, so it might not matter for the most part.

Also...
411570N3 wrote:
Is it access to get the dimensions of a sprite or deepgroup via Lua? If so, you could probably make a version where larger things are represented by larger indicators, either by Scale or just dividing them into categories and having a different indicator for each one...
EDIT: Also, hold switch actor and move the glowing yellow select circle near to the display to make the white particles used to display terrain glow blue. Pretty neat, even if it doesn't do anything.

In fact, it is! However, I can't remember if .Scale works.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:40 am
Profile ICQ

Yeah, scale works in Lua (on actors at least), as demonstrated here.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Yeah, scale works in Lua (on actors at least), as demonstrated here.

Citing lafe as an example of what does and does not work is one of many things that does not endow me with much confidence.

However, yes, it does work. The only question is, what's the 'normal' size?...

Wait...actually, now that I think about it, this wouldn't be hard at all.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:16 am
Profile ICQ

No, the scale variable is for the indicators so that they can be larger and smaller based on actual unit size of the sprite/deep group. Assuming you can find the size of the unit that way you can just scale the icon to fit the unit.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:59 am
Profile WWW

MOSprite.Diameter is what you are after. Though I doubt I'll ever be un-lazy enough to implement it, since Scale doesn't work on MOSParticles.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:41 am

Might give it a shot by just categorising them by size and adding different sized icons.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5