View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 The (Coalition) Punisher - Heavy brain robot (v1.5.1) 5/2012 

Post Re: The (Coalition) Punisher - Heavy brain robot (v1.5) 2-05-010
Camalaio wrote:
Does not work on Mac still. Refer to my last post.

It's fun, I just dislike RTE aborts that I have to go fix :)

FFFFFFF I knew I forgot something. Will fix right away.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:54 am
Profile WWW

I think you forgot to change the drone description in the OP.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Okay, I've been trying this mod out latly, and all I can say is: KICK ASS !!! This thingb is exactly how a giant robot should be! Awsome weapons, resiliant, everything. My favorite part is the crushing hand, which is made of pure Data *cue heavanly quire*. I found out an entertaining thing to try, grab a rocket. I forget if it can be anywhere or only the nose, but what I renember is that the rocket instantly blows up. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to sacrifice an ox to appease the great lord chrushing fist.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:37 am

The sprite looks nice, but the gifs are sketching out for me >_<

Anyone remember me?

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Pax Of Core wrote:

Anyone remember me?

In fact I do, good sir!
Let's see... you were on here about 6 months ago giving some (shallow) critique about the Darkstorm and Unitec mods, you used to post some (moderately) funny pictures with random things in them around a year and a half ago, and exactly half of your posts have asked people if they remember you (I say just let it die).
Oh yeah, posting more gets people to remember you more (unless you just want to let it die :lol: )

Anyway, I seemed to have found a bug:

Every time I fire the Drone Launcher at a Dreadnought, the game crashes for some reason. This has happened 3 times in a row. I'm running Windows XP and have made no modifications to the mod.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:19 am

Joe wrote:
Pax Of Core wrote:

Anyone remember me?

In fact I do, good sir!
Let's see... you were on here about 6 months ago giving some (shallow) critique about the Darkstorm and Unitec mods, you used to post some (moderately) funny pictures with random things in them around a year and a half ago, and exactly half of your posts have asked people if they remember you (I say just let it die).
Oh yeah, posting more gets people to remember you more (unless you just want to let it die :lol: )

Anyway, I seemed to have found a bug:

Every time I fire the Drone Launcher at a Dreadnought, the game crashes for some reason. This has happened 3 times in a row. I'm running Windows XP and have made no modifications to the mod.

Interesting... could you PM me something more specific? It would help if you could describe exactly how it happens in detail.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:52 am
Profile WWW

Aside from my obvious issues, I have found some bugs myself after extensive playtesting. I'll also post my full review on the rivalry induced robot.

BUGS:
1- The Punisher seems completely immune to friendly collision. Every other unit of mine that walks into him is unobstructed. Not sure if this was intended but it's sort of imbalanced.
2- The crush fist, while cool in function insta-gibs the Punisher half the time. Usually right upon pick up. I will say catching a friendly drop crate and being able to toss it back into orbit is fun.
3- I'm experiencing the same bug with the Dread launcher.

Critiques/Opinions:
1- While I know this was obviously an answer to counter the Behemoth, I think the mod in general is rather unbalanced. Some of the guns are on a numgun-level of silly overpowered. I'm not sure if this was intended to just be a rape-all, but I know I at least designed the Behemoth to be somewhat kill-able by vanilla content to fit it in more (though the way Tartarus pits you against him you'd think not).

2- There are really too many guns. It sucks to switch through like 6 weapons to get to the one I want on the fly. It also makes the total mass of the Punisher too large for a normal rocket to even deliver him without it dying in the process. Personally I would cut out the shotgun (since it's just a big Mauler, which ironically is what the Behe shotgun used to be). I'd also either make the dreadnought launcher a separate crab unit (Crab that fires crabs lol) or perhaps a stationary artillery turret. An alternative would be making the weapons buyable and outfit the Punisher with a "base set" and then add other options through the buy menu.

3- The mass fist fires way way way too fast. I'm one who usually likes to follow my projectiles to view the carnage, but if I fire the fist at something far off, I can't even scroll fast enough to keep it in view. It also still curves in the ground oddly as someone has mentioned before.

4- The Purger bothers me now. I liked how it originally was a sort of repelling defensive weapon. I would pick that back up and run with it. I'd maybe change the fire projectiles to an air blasting effect of some sort.

5- Other than the bug the Crush Fist is easily the show-stealer for the Punisher. The picking up of other actors has been done before, but the crushing is brutal on whatever it gets a hold of. The coolest part of the mod, easily.

6- The Justice imo has way too short of a reload time for being a DSTech Judgement-type of laser. A little OP.

7- The new digging fist sprite is nice, but the effect makes the overall weapon sloppy looking. I would focus the digging into a concentrated beam or make the particles emitted shoot in a more acute angle. Right now they just spray in a 180 degree fountain, which looks odd.

8- The hand beam, while a cool idea, looks horrible when fired. Tons of little blue ribbons that don't hurt anything stronger than flesh. I would again condense this into a more focused, better looking single beam, and possibly make it hurt more than a basic trooper (I mean if it bounces off most parts of a Dreadnought, it's not sharp enough).

9- The sprites for the body need heavy improvement. No offense to Maximdude, but I've seen better work from him. The head is probably the best sprite on the actor. Everything else looks like a mash of monotone grey assorted scraps, and it doesn't appear to fit with the Coalition at all. I mean, you even had to explain that it didn't look right with the Coalition by using the story, which tells me you aren't happy with the look yourself.

I'd sit down with Maxim and have a hard long look at Decaying Soldat's really awesome concept drawing (shown below) he did for you and make it more true to that. Contrary already did a pretty good start on it, so I think you should get Maxim to just touch it up. Or, if it would be easier, just drop it from being a Coalition unit and make it a generic large robot that fits with the standard robot 1 and 2.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1757813/Coaliti ... Robot2.jpg - Linked picture because it's huge, and awesome.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:30 pm

I disagree with critiques 1 through 3.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

I disagree with those bugs.

1- I can't get a single unit past him laterally. I'm forced to get over him, and I don't know the difference between your unit and mine, whether you might have edited it or not.
2. The crush fist has done... Nothing! to the user when it's fired in my case. Again, I don't know what happened to your version of the mod.
3. Really? Out of the many drones I've fired, I haven't gotten a single, "wrong side" drone...

Critiques-

1. Numgun would be proud *cough*AAL*cough* but this guy can be taken out with a single Slug Sniper clip. The guns may seem overpowered, but I feel that for such a big guy it's fine.
2. Normal rockets aren't what you need- That's what dropships are for. The Behemoth was already heavy enough to smash my rockets to the ground, so I'm guessing that the two have the same approximate weight.
3. The mass fist fires quite slow in my opinion, enough for DUMMIES to actually avoid it. Are you using a keyboard?
4. Nothing there. Air-blasting is essentially what the Purger does anyway.
5. The justicet, with only one shot and a rather limited lifetime for the delivery, felt underpowered to me. It's a bit off-kilter to compare it to a judgement... Unless you did what I did. I'm not going to tell what I did, though. It'll seem overpowered after I give a thorough description.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:27 am

Zoroaster wrote:
I disagree with those bugs.

1- I can't get a single unit past him laterally. I'm forced to get over him, and I don't know the difference between your unit and mine, whether you might have edited it or not.
2. The crush fist has done... Nothing! to the user when it's fired in my case. Again, I don't know what happened to your version of the mod.
3. Really? Out of the many drones I've fired, I haven't gotten a single, "wrong side" drone...

Critiques-

1. Numgun would be proud *cough*AAL*cough* but this guy can be taken out with a single Slug Sniper clip. The guns may seem overpowered, but I feel that for such a big guy it's fine.
2. Normal rockets aren't what you need- That's what dropships are for. The Behemoth was already heavy enough to smash my rockets to the ground, so I'm guessing that the two have the same approximate weight.
3. The mass fist fires quite slow in my opinion, enough for DUMMIES to actually avoid it. Are you using a keyboard?
4. Nothing there. Air-blasting is essentially what the Purger does anyway.
5. The justicet, with only one shot and a rather limited lifetime for the delivery, felt underpowered to me. It's a bit off-kilter to compare it to a judgement... Unless you did what I did. I'm not going to tell what I did, though. It'll seem overpowered after I give a thorough description.

Bug 1-I'll take a picture of my units walking behind him as if he isn't there physically. He can be shot, but he doesn't collide with them.
Bug 2-It only happens every so often, but he picks something up and just completely explodes. It's more common with dropships.
Bug 3-It's not about the drone being the wrong team, it's the game crashing when the drone it shot into another dreadnought.

As an aside, I'm not posting my critiques on the mod so other people can make their opinion about them. It's called feedback/input for the mod's creator, which is not you.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
Bug 1-I'll take a picture of my units walking behind him as if he isn't there physically. He can be shot, but he doesn't collide with them.
Bug 2-It only happens every so often, but he picks something up and just completely explodes. It's more common with dropships.
Bug 3-It's not about the drone being the wrong team, it's the game crashing when the drone it shot into another dreadnought.

As an aside, I'm not posting my critiques on the mod so other people can make their opinion about them. It's called feedback/input for the mod's creator, which is not you.

Oh really now, ( at bug 2 ) the hand is just a ♥♥♥♥ "gravity well on button hold" so the bugginess of the moid collisions are still evident, and with such moid of such mass and volume, do you not think that positioning it near any moid for the matter, and have it able to flail at high speeds not do damage to what it orbits? ( Basically the collisions still happen, so depending on what you are swinging, you may collide with a metric ton freighter )

Bug 1, I have personally made a code string that makes it so that similar actors ( with that certain string ) , can phase through a similar actor and still be able to have anyone kill it. ( used it on the Z Bomb, and Pilots, it worked )

Bug3, you know how bug attachments are when you fully/mostly gib turrets that are attached to the ACRAB. ( I've done it with missile lauchers before )

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 am

Also found that trying to grapple another Punisher using a Punisher causes them both to spontaneously fly in a random direction. You can get some crazy velocity going!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:29 am

This is pretty amazing. Huge actors are always fun.
The weapons are pretty satisfying to use, except for the drone launcher.
It reloads too long and looks stupid. I'd say build the launcher tube directly into the robots arm.
The guns aren't good for point-blank shots, and this causes some trouble with certain melee enemies.

Also, I think that this thing needs to care more about losing his legs.
Right now he just loses 1 hp per leg?

Oh yeah, this guy has a massive weakspot in his rear end.
A decent anti-armor rocket there and he loses a good chunk of health.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 am

The Drone Launcher is better if Drone 2 can use his own weapon if see enemy. Like Dreadnought Lancher at Dummy Behemoth.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:33 am
Profile WWW

JangkrikBusterII wrote:
The Drone Launcher is better if Drone 2 can use his own weapon if see enemy. Like Dreadnought Lancher at Dummy Behemoth.

What is this I don't even.

Dr. Evil wrote:
I disagree with critiques 1 through 3.

And I'm an idiot, this should be 1 through 4

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next