View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 A quick question about windows. 

Post A quick question about windows.
I was wondering if I have 2 profiles on windows and one gets a virus will the virus effect the other profile?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:25 am
Profile WWW

It probably would, it affects the whole computer, doesn't it?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:26 am

Depends though of what type of virus it is, Some are in the documents and settings folder, and thats were it stays to parts.. but um..

go to safe mode and scan?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:30 am

Yep,

Depends though of what type of virus it is, Some are in the documents and settings folder, and thats were it stays to parts.. but um..

go to safe mode and scan?

lol I don't actually have a virus I was just asking because several people use my computer and one person likes hacking moh:aa and he downloaded one hack that crashed my computer and installed a bunch of crap so I had to reinstall windows and all my drivers. So I thought I could make a seperate profile for my friends and it would keep my profile clean but I guess not, would a seperate partition work?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:36 am
Profile WWW

What i do alot of times, is i have a removeable harddrive tray in school, i setup it so that my profile is on the portable harddrive,
so when i am out of the office in school, i take my portable harddrive with me, (or hide it) So loging into my account without the drive would not work

Posted after 59 seconds:

Wizard James wrote:
What i do alot of times, is i have a removeable harddrive tray in school, i setup it so that my profile is on the portable harddrive,
so when i am out of the office in school, i take my portable harddrive with me, (or hide it) So loging into my account without the drive would not work

So a diffrent partion would be petty mich the same thiing.. i guess.. 1 user cant access another uses profille, unless they are administrators

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]