View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A really fun game for all the people with lots of posts 

Post A really fun game for all the people with lots of posts
Here is where you quote your very first post, if you happen to have no clue how to do this, here is how:

1. Go to your profile by clicking the button in a post or on your name, NOT near the private messages link
2. Click find all posts
3. Copy and paste and quote your first post on the last page you have.

Father Venn wrote:
i dont know where i would put this but if this isnt the right spot please move it.

anyway, i have a HUGE problem....i have no clue whatsoever how to install mods....doesnt anyone know what a readme ...

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:46 am
Profile WWW

Hi! I found out about this game on the Soldat forums, messed around with it, then got down to modding. Using Wally, my gray matter, and about 45 minutes of my life, I converted the XM214 Minigun from Soldat to Cortex Command!

It has 200 shots, instead of Soldat's 100, but is as accurate as I can make it.

Question: Can you make a startup time for a gun in Cortex Command?

Question2: How can I prevent shooting someone's head from instakilling them?

At this moment, I have no idea how to properly take a screenshot of this game in action, so no screens right now.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:53 am
Profile WWW

we already had a thread like this but it died but oh well
Quote:
will there be different ships to buy instead of the one we have now?

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:54 am
Profile WWW

Wow, you guys make me feel like a n00b, my first question would have been flamed by MaximDude if I would have asked it a week ago.

EDIT: WOW! NFS Didn't know how to take screenies! XD

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:55 am
Profile WWW

Wow, you guys make me feel like a n00b, my first question would have been flamed by MaximDude if I would have asked it a week ago.

EDIT: WOW! NFS Didn't know how to take screenies! XD

You should read that in it's original topic. :P I was hitting print screen, but didn't know I had to take the image from CC's folder, instead of copy and paste it into Paint. (corrupted colors, etc.)

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:02 am
Profile WWW

Wow, I always copy and paste it into paint anyway XD I never use the CC folder screenshot trick.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:04 am
Profile WWW

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:10 am
Profile WWW

Master Pimp wrote:
Just post the sprite here and ill fix it in a flash.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Banned

That game annoys me. :sad:

It was in the Big Red Button thread.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:33 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
For conveinance to myself, I'm posting here and I'll edit it afterwards. :P

Dauss wrote:
So yeah, this is my first made from scratch mod.

Your standard ballistic sheild, coupled with the standard Cortex Command Pistol.

It has some trouble shooting, with the bullets usually hitting the sheild. (Anyone wanting to fix this for me, I'd be HAPPY to credit you and/or give you a cookie.)

Might add some screen shots soon, but I'm going out for a bit.

110 gold, by the way.

Comments appreciated!

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, it will EVENTUALLY fall apart, after 300-500 rounds. But you'll probably get killed long before that if you try to aim it anywhere else. ;)

Oh, and to whomever made that really cool fuel rod cannon, this sheild can take a blow from it, directly. It'll knock you for a loop though. :D

EDIT 2: The Shots hitting the sheild bug has now been fixed. The pistol works in conjunction with the sheild flawlessly.

EDIT 3: Just updated it a little. A test revealed clones had trouble shooting it. I fixed it.

EDIT 4: Screenshots are now up! All you "No pics, no clicks" folks out there don't ahve an excuse anymore! :D Oh, and it appears that blue clones still have some trouble firing it, usually at a 30-35 degree angle. Let this be a warning, as shots can bounce back into thier own face. :o

Yay!

OH NOES! MY MOD HAS BEEN DELETED! D:

You have made a powerful enemy this day... Wizard James... :(

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi I've almost completed an avatar but I have a problem with his foot passing through the floor. he frequently falls on his ass and gets back up and I've been tweaking all the offsets and I can't figure out whats going on.

Unlike the other avatars he stands with his feet 2 pixels inside the floor and not right on top of it, any ideas why this is?

Thanks for any advice!

(edit - fixed grammar ;)

Heh, avatar, what a noob :P

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Mine is too big. It's the "Newbies guide to CC" in general.

- 3 Solid

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:06 pm

my first post was my first mod. The original bloodguard, which has had several improvments made. As well as some new ones coming.

Code:
The Bloodguard worship the bloodgod.The bloodguard grants these men abnormal strengh and immortality, although they are actually already dead once they drink his blood. By drinking his blood they gain strength, the more they drink, the more powerful they become. However, in their quest for more power and strength they must do one thing in return for a sip from the bloodgods chalice. They must feed him with blood, in return for all the benefits all he asks for is mortal blood to feed his hunger. After wiping their home planet Der Jheru, notably renamed to 'Tainted Rock' of every living thing, they have began traveling through the demon portals to different planets, destroying everything in their search for yet more blood. Will you defeat this demonic menace or will you join them in their search for blood?

[Update: New Weapon and Actor]

Bloodguard:200
The living incarnate. These soilders once led a simple life, but now bow down to the bloodgod and fight to the end no mater what in their quest for blood. They are armored lightly however they have a strong resistance to any short of attack and even after a number of shots will continue walking, hunting... killing. The only effective way of killing these is by directly shooting them in the head, perhaps multiple times.

BGR-44:250
This strange weapon uses a strange material that is heated and mixed together with another unidentified material to form a blood like substance that is fired at a high speed towards its target that melts trough just about anything, after the initial shot the substance seems to expand and become more deadly.. From the few of these weapons collected for research no progress has been made in identifying the strange substances.

Bloodguard Assassin:180
These undead soilders have no armor at all. They are extremely light, and cant take much damage. They seem to have been killed before taking a drink from the bloodgods chalice because they appear to have been peiced together.

BGS-9:220
The bloodguard assassins weapon is light and powerful with a extremely long range scope. They prefere to fight from a distance as they are very weak. However their weapon is much more accurate than the BGR and is just as, if not more powerful.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi im Greenguy, formerly known as little worker monkey (part of FantastikOrp).

i am the maker of the zombie bros and the Death beam which did work on my computer.

+ i got it to work.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:02 am
Profile WWW

I like it. You have really managed to capture the essence of the 17th century buccaneer. Coupled with the Flintlock Pistol and someone who is actually willing to play with only this player and that gun, you've got a good start to turning the humble Cortex Command into something infinitely darker and piratey. Wink

9.5/10

- The-Masses13

Why did I think that was FUNNY?

Why wasn't I shot on site?

(Why am I asking so many questions?)

- The-Masses

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:13 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next