View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 5/3/08
I like the laser curtain idea, might be too uber if it's range is too long, but it would be useful against opponents behind cover.

Going on the bombardment/heavy support/ w/e idea I think it would be cool to have a "Reinforcement" weapon that sends down a drop pod with a clone with some standard loadout. It could be made a TDExplosive or other thrown device so that it can only be used once. (to make it un-spammable) This would be faster than the buy menu and customizing your own loadout.

Another interesting concept would be using the blue stuff that appears when the drop pod dies and saying that it teleported down, but that may be too similar to the security drone thing.

Explosives that spawn explosives is ALWAYS a good idea :grin:

Mon May 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
Darlos9D wrote:
I'm also still sitting on my "bomb that splits into a bunch of small tracer rockets" idea. That'd be a fun weapon.

That one! It'd be original and damned fun, if it didn't mess with the terrain too much.

Mon May 05, 2008 8:47 pm

ppiksmada wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:
I'm also still sitting on my "bomb that splits into a bunch of small tracer rockets" idea. That'd be a fun weapon.

That one! It'd be original and damned fun, if it didn't mess with the terrain too much.

They'd probably each make a ABGL grenade-sized explosion, which wouldn't be very terrain-raping at all, probably.

Tue May 06, 2008 12:08 am
Profile YIM

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
You think you could make it reload faster than the ABGL? Those heavy weapons take freaking half a minute and by then I'm bored of destroying things.

Now that I say it, kinda sounds like my own problem.

Tue May 06, 2008 1:13 am

about the text

Quote:
Our D52 hover turret serves as a resilient base defense unit. Its twin D110 .50 machine guns carry 200 rounds each, and are capable of cutting down anything unfortunate enough to get too close. Mounted directly on each gun is a thick bullet-proof shield, and another is located on the base to defend the turret while the guns are pointed upward. In case the turret gets knocked out of place, it is equipped with two hover jets that allow it to re-position itself easily.>>>These jets don't allow this heavy piece of machinery to go completely airborne, though, so this isn't an effective assault unit<<<.

nope not true.....
i have noticed that by wery quickly hammering the jump button even the hover-turret gets airborne.....
if i only knew how to do i would post a gif or a dowloadable video showing me pwnig bot-ass with a flying hover-turret

Molémian The Macewielder

Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 am
molemian wrote:
if i only knew how to do i would post a gif or a dowloadable video showing me pwnig bot-ass with a flying hover-turret

Molémian The Macewielder

I'm a horrible person.

Mon May 12, 2008 11:55 am

Many people (that have played CC for awhile) know that trick, quite a few dont bother using it either way cuz some think its cheap XD

(I use it on normal actors to keep the flight as long as posible when reaching something high in the sky)

Back to topic: Hover Turret works great =3 (Couldnt really think of anythin to say)

Mon May 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Well, if you want to make the hover turret not fly, then you could reduce or remove the burst.

Tue May 13, 2008 5:39 am

ok, sorry for posting that then.....

Tue May 13, 2008 7:16 am

What?
No!
I meant that as a suggestion for Darlos, I wasn't yelling at you.

Tue May 13, 2008 8:11 am

He was talking to Tea.

Tue May 13, 2008 10:48 am

Its still a usefull tactic for new CC players to learn =3

I found it VERY usefull when I 1st play CC XD

Tue May 13, 2008 11:53 am

Good for letting overloaded units fly...or giving them unlimited flight time. *Thinks about the legless DarKlone armed with the Pulse Sword used to chop down 70 dropships* Yeah...fun.

Tue May 13, 2008 12:36 pm
Profile WWW

Hm, reduce the initial burst you say? I'll look into it when I get back to my PC on the weekend.

I have some stuff planned for this mod... and its more re-working. But this time around, it should be some pretty epic re-working of the clones. I'm gonna move more towards something thats a lot more sleek, refined, and futuristic looking. I'd show you a sketch of what I'm talking about but my server seems to be down at the moment, and I'm three hours away from it.

I'm going to sort of "combine" the light and the standard into a single unit. the standard will no longer have hanging shoulder and hip protection. It'll just be a sleek armored body suit. And this time there WILL be destructible armored parts, some of which will be ineffectual ornaments, like some stuff on the helmet. Underneath the solid armor, though, will still be their synthetic nanotech armor. That will be more of a last line of defense though. So, standards will become variable units, capable of both assault and stealth, since their armor really won't be that heavy.

The heavy will have the big shoulder and hip pads and such still, but I'm still gonna re-design him. I haven't done a sketch of it yet, though.

Tue May 13, 2008 3:06 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos, no need to reduce the initial burst: simply increase BurstSpacing to set an amount of time between available jumps. Add a capacitor whine sound effect or something if you want to give people an indication of when they can jump again.

Tue May 13, 2008 6:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next