View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 5/3/08
Winterous wrote:
Oh no, I realised why, it just looks like that.
And I meant racist because of the "Japanese" comment.

Yeah, and in the first paragraph of my last post, I was referring to the Japanese, not my mod.

Alright guys, I need some help. As you all know, I'm going to re-vamp my clones. But between the nicely streamlined CroboTech mod and complaints by many that there are mods with far too many weapons, I'm thinking about re-vamping my weapon lineup. I'm not necissarily thinking about completely changing them all, as I like both the sprites and functionality of many of them. But I'm thinking there's some that could just be removed all together, and maybe replaced by adjusting the functionality of other weapons slightly.

So, here's my question to you guys: which of my weapons do you typically use, and which ones don't you typically use, and why? If I can figure out which ones people really like in general, I can keep those and do something about the rest. Also, let me know about any "tossup" situations as well, as in those cases two weapons could possibly be combined.

I really want to make my mod as streamlined as possible, so your opinions matter!

Fri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm
Profile YIM

I use the scoped Battle Rifle, Flamethrower, EM Cannon, Pulse Laser, and the RPGL.

Fri May 16, 2008 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Darlos9D wrote:
Alright guys, I need some help. As you all know, I'm going to re-vamp my clones. But between the nicely streamlined CroboTech mod and complaints by many that there are mods with far too many weapons, I'm thinking about re-vamping my weapon lineup. I'm not necissarily thinking about completely changing them all, as I like both the sprites and functionality of many of them.

Well, I couldn't see how having loads of weapons could be a downside, as long as they're all unique.
I really only use the bullet guns, specifically the battle rifle and machine gun for their speed and power.
I'd only recommend getting rid of the weapons that seem that same.
Anyway, I think the sprites could do with being made sleeker or more 'streamlined'.
The drawing for the darklone you made looks good, it looks kind of mechanical and I've always had this feeling of the darklone armour being like really hard rubber.

Fri May 16, 2008 7:36 pm

Personally, I employ the D61 PDW, the D24 Revolver, the D77 Sniper Rifle, both versions of the D139 BR, and the D135 Shotgun the most. The rest of the arsenal does receive occasional and sporadic use.

If some weapons were to be removed, I would select the D141 Mortar (I haven't used it since the RPG became available.)

Otherwise, though, I appreciate the full breadth of the arsenal.

Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm with Tea on this one, only remove weapons that seem too much like clones. (of each other anyway) I like all of the weapons, but to me the ABGL and ABM seem far too similar... and I've always wondered why such "smaller" grenades would have an airburst feature. Besides, the ABGL is almost more powerful than the ABM because of being so rapidfire. I suggest making it explode on impact, or airbursting at a specific distance(if possible) as opposed to proximity to an enemy actor.

Fri May 16, 2008 7:54 pm

Remove:
PDW
Battle Rifle (Keep scoped one)
Knives
Regular Shotgun
Carbine
Air Burst explosive (Not Mortar)
Electromagnet Gun

Keep:
Everything Else.

Add:
More Flame weapons (Flame Melee Weapon?)
P90

Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 am

:grin: Wonderful piece of work there, bud! :grin:

Graphically, this mod is totally superb. Nothing to say on that except: wow. :shock:

Gameplay-wise, this mod is, again, a pure marvel. The troops handle real nice, the weapons all work very well and the insertion pod is particularly well-thought.

Seriously, it's a great mod, though I think it's maybe a little overpowerful. I mean, the pulse blade is more effective than the digger for collecting gold, the heavy darKlone is too resistant (many weapons are almost uneffective against it and it has very high resistance to explosions. Pretty much all that can kill it is making a rocket land on it. Or using a weapon from another owerpowered mod.

I'll go with the people before me on one other point. Many weapons in this mod could be removed.

Well, great anyways, but I think some updating is in order.

NICE WORK! 8)

Sat May 17, 2008 12:36 am

No no no no no. These fools know not of what they speak! As the official unofficial #1 DarKlone fan, I must steer you clear of this horrible catastrophe Darlos.

No, not all of your weapons are unique, but they do not deserve to be taken out of the roster! I always thought of the DarKlones as highly advanced in all things weapon. They have a huge arsenal of weapons to use for any given situation and mood! Need a minefield? Use the D143PML. Want to watch your enemies writhe under a blanket of fire? Employ the D224 flamethrower!

I like the weapons because they are in the blue black DarKlone style, readily available for my OCD tastes. If I had to choose a weapon to kill off though, it would be the D141ABM, its niche has been filled by better, stronger weapons in your arsenal.

Sat May 17, 2008 12:55 am

Thoughtprocess wrote:
and I've always wondered why such "smaller" grenades would have an airburst feature.

Probably because our own modern 40mm grenades (pretty standard grenades for underslung grenade launchers and six-shooter grenade launchers similar to my own) can have that feature, and it works fine. Its where I got the idea, actually.

B.U.N.M.O. wrote:
No, not all of your weapons are unique, but they do not deserve to be taken out of the roster! I always thought of the DarKlones as highly advanced in all things weapon. They have a huge arsenal of weapons to use for any given situation and mood! Need a minefield? Use the D143PML. Want to watch your enemies writhe under a blanket of fire? Employ the D224 flamethrower!

I don't think you have much to worry about. Those two weapons you just named are my babies. I would NEVER remove them.

I'm actually gonna figure this out in a text document tonight, like I probably should have for this mod a long time ago. I'll put up the new lineup I have in mind later on. I'll do things like combine the two SMGs into one (something kinda P90-ish, should be fun). I'll probably ditch the carbine. Since more than one person has said they like the scoped battle rifle, I'll hang onto both that and the original. I'll hang onto the revolver, but might mess with it a bit. I'll probably get rid of the "normal" shotgun, and re-vamp the incendiary shotgun to not be so raping. The big sniper stays, as well as the machine gun, though perhaps with some tweaking. The EM gun may see its end, since its basically just another machine gun. The EM cannon will stick around. Probably the shock lance will stay, along with the pulse blade. I'll get rid of the knives. I'll keep the laser. The incendiary stuff will stay around. And finally I'll get rid of the mortar.

Some weapons might find themselves going through yet ANOTHER graphical overhaul. Probably after I make the clones themselves. I'd like to add more custom effects, like muzzle flashes and explosions. At the moment, I'm using the Base.rte stuff.

Sat May 17, 2008 2:23 am
Profile YIM

I think you should remove the:

D147 rocket-propelled grenade launcher
D175 pulse knife (they are a little dumb, although cool)
D138 carbine
D139S
D141 air-burst mortar

Those ones seem just a little unnecessary.

Grenade launcher fills Rocket and Mortar.
Battle rifle fills Carbine and D139S.
And both the pistols fills the Pulse knife, effectively.

I never really liked the Napalm shotgun, but I can see its uses.

Sat May 17, 2008 2:41 am

I like the sound of that line-up, I find that when I'm using Darklone weapons I use one of the battle rifles, the EM cannon, occasionally the incendiary weapons, sometimes the sniper, but not much else. I will try that mine gun though, sounds brilliant.
My advice is to re-sprite the weapons, they all seem pretty same-ish to me, and they don't have much going in the way of texture. If you want, I'd be happy to repsprite them myself, I need a new project, and my SCRAP series needs a complete re-do, which I don't have a lot of time for.

keep up the good work.

Sat May 17, 2008 2:56 am

Exalion wrote:
If you want, I'd be happy to repsprite them myself

NO

... er, I mean, thanks for the offer, but I think I can handle it myself. I'll probably sketch them before I sprite them. Like I'm doing with the clones. Before, I just winged it with everything.

Sat May 17, 2008 4:05 am
Profile YIM

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
The shotgun's so awesome, are you kidding me, do not remove that.
I don't disagree with anything else, but I think that you need to keep that and combine the knives and sword into a very short range combat knife, not thrown, and not a massive katana.

Sat May 17, 2008 4:18 am

That would be more ninja-ey.

And as I said, I just personally don't like the napalm shotgun, not saying it should be taken out though.

Sat May 17, 2008 4:37 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Winterous wrote:
That would be more ninja-ey.

And as I said, I just personally don't like the napalm shotgun, not saying it should be taken out though.

I'm talking about the double-aught or whatever solid-round round shotgun, not the Flower Power one. That one can get AIDS for all I care, it's just too novel.

Sat May 17, 2008 5:07 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next