View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Heavy Turret--1st mod, 2nd release 

Post Re: Heavy Turret--1st mod, 2nd release
Daman wrote:
Spoot Knight wrote:
but all the sprites do that

No they don't, because cc sprites are gradient-shaded like good sprites should be.

You clearly don't get it...
Yeah...how is there light on top of it if it's underground? And why isn't there light reflecting off the bottom sides of the hull where the thrusters are?
No dynamic shading / lighting.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:46 am
Profile WWW

Kigali wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Who gives a crap what the public wants, it's HIS style, he likes it and so do others.... If u don't like it ok don't d/l it, but stop bitchin bout it not fittin into CC...

I've seen alot of crap on these forums that doesn't "fit" but yall never say that it does or not

SO STFU!!!

Seriously. Why don't you naysayers just keep your sayings to yourself. Stop beatin down on the man for wanting his spriting style to be different. Just go off in to someother thread and whine to them.

Next Time read what i write completely before you quote me, you obviously misunderstood

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:12 am
Profile YIM WWW

I think he was agreeing with you Anubis

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 am

sorry but it seems otherwise

Quote:
He posted it. It is now in the public. It is taking up DataRealm's space. People judge it.

@Sixteen

Judge?....only like 3-4 ppl have judged/criticized this mod.... the rest of yous are bitchin bout how it doesn't fit

Bitching isn't Criticism nor is it constructive

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:26 am
Profile YIM WWW

If we say the sprite doesn't fit, and in my opinion looks bad in CC, then that's judging it. Overall, The cannon itself is neat, and I downloaded it. As for most of the peple in this thread, please stop the cocksucking, it isn't amusing.

Spook Knight: There's no realtime lighting in the engine, that's why. Emulating it ruins the look in certain cases.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:39 am

Holy Mombasa wrote:
If we say the sprite doesn't fit, and in my opinion looks bad in CC, then that's judging it. Overall, The cannon itself is neat, and I downloaded it. As for most of the peple in this thread, please stop the cocksucking, it isn't amusing.

Spook Knight: There's no realtime lighting in the engine, that's why. Emulating it ruins the look in certain cases.

I know, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't. :smile:

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:01 pm
Profile WWW

I love how it dies, with all the gibs and the fiery explosion.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Sorry if it seemed like i wasn't, but I really was agreeing with you Anubis.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:34 am

Spoot Knight wrote:
Daman wrote:
Spoot Knight wrote:
but all the sprites do that

No they don't, because cc sprites are gradient-shaded like good sprites should be.

You clearly don't get it...
Yeah...how is there light on top of it if it's underground? And why isn't there light reflecting off the bottom sides of the hull where the thrusters are?
No dynamic shading / lighting.

No ♥♥♥♥ there's no dynamic shading/lighting. But CC sprites don't just have one spot as MASSIVE LIGHT SPOT OH GOD ADD MORE LENS FLARE PLEASE IT'S GETTING ME OFF LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT OH AND SPAM SHADOWS OVER THERE lighting. They have it slowly fade into darker colors, gradient into darker colors. See: Super-dramatic lighting does not make sense in a game where the light source could be obstructed, it makes it look even worse.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:28 am

Doesn't matter to me, anytime I see the turret the scenery around dissapears.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm

metal chao wrote:
systmh wrote:
guys, you already made your point about the sprites not matching the style. i'm not going to 'learn' from my 'mistakes' here, i'm going to keep my style of spriting. if you don't like it, that's perfectly fine, but keep the criticism constructive.

So you're just going to ignore all of the criticism?
I mean, seriously.
The rocket was alright, it could almost fit in, but this is just ridiculously unfitting.
You're probably going to get this for every mod you make unless you change styles >_>

I'm starting to think you guys are just plain jealous that he can sprite like a ♥♥♥♥ god.

Please don't bring back a thread to ♥♥♥♥♥ about things long forgotten.

And I like the fact that the turret isn't PINNED to thin air by some kind of magical force, like most turrets.

Winterous wrote:
Personally, when I sprite (poorly, and I've only done weapons), I always have the light coming from the top-left, It just makes it easier to do.

I agree with that, I always have the light coming from the top left, it seems to be the thing everyone seems to do :P

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Hmm.. well you could do it from the top left but you need to include a shadow that would be cast by the actor, so coming from top left BUT starting from around the center.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Yey, I got quoted :D

And I do do shading, like a gradient across the whole sprite.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:05 am

Oh noez I sense bad things are going to happen.
Its not really hard to do a sprite like that anyway so jelousy doesnt come into hand...
I didnt notice the lightning before but good find there...
and one more thing... true if you dont like it dont post or flame wars can start

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Then why is he the only one that makes (Or even decided to make) sprites like these?

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next