View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Factions of World War II 

Post Re: Factions of World War II
Wow these look good. The sprites look like they need more of an outline. They look cool though. Will maybe test if I see some actor pics.

On a side note: Woose, your views on this mod are all over the place, and i hafta agree. SNIPAR RIFELHLS!!! :P

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:23 am

that is a bitchload of weapons.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:51 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
that is a bitchload of weapons.

Bitchload: a brief overview
The term 'bitchload' is a measurement of quantity where an exact number is either boring, irrelevant, or doesn't take into account the usual number of something. For example, 5 is not a large number. But having 5 graphics cards in one computer is a bitchload of graphic cards.

to compare this to other ambiguous measurements of quantity (lowest to highest):
- Stuff all
- A few
Neutral
- A fair chunk
- A hell of a lot
- A bitchload
- A shitload
- ZOMGBABIESSOMANYBABIES400BABIESLOLTOTESROFL!

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:38 am

I'm going to begin work on seperating the single WWII.rte into multiple factional .rtes (JapanWWII.rte, AmericaWWII.rte, GermanyWWII.rte, BritainWWII.rte, ItalyWWII.rte, and RussiaWWII.rte), but I'm not sure if that will go well with the activities. From past experiences, it seems that there are issues with loading units from different modules. I tried it with crobotech; I added some crobos to my activities (for my own fun), booted it up, and it loaded all the WWII units, but would error on the crobos.

Edit:

On a second note, screw that. More work than is necessarry for little profit. I'll work on ordering the guns by faction.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Not to rain on anybodies parade but it seems to me that some these sprites have been stolen. Quite a few of them look like they were taken directly from another WW2 mod that I have seen, I don't remember who it is by, but right now it is sitting in Evil Frosted Muffins Every mod from build 19 pack under the name WWII.rte. I am downloading the whole pack right now to compare.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:55 pm

Yeah, that's because it's probably the one I did awhile back.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:01 am

RR_Raptor65 wrote:
Yeah, that's because it's probably the one I did awhile back.

It might have been you, I mean, I have no idea who the real creator was, but don't you think you should have mentioned that?

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:20 am

Zess did in the first post.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:07 am

I love it!

Smashing, my good man! *orgasm* :appeal:

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:16 am

I'm just happy that someone is finally making a full WWII mod, good luck on getting this finished and everything.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:59 am

This is a really good mod, but it's not as realistic as it could be. On a few guns I used, the bullets would just disappear in mid flight like a shotgun. Also, I think the bolt actions should have a bolt-working sound in the gun shot sound, then just match up the fire time interval to make it sound right. The mosin nagant needs to have a lot of piercing power, I've shot one before, and it goes straight through an engine block. The thing fires a 7.62x54 round, that thing will blow your leg off in real life, my friend has seen someone take their own leg off by accident at a gun range with one. I feel that most of the firing rates are close to correct, but the thompson shoots too slow. If you need help on looking up statistics of guns, go to www.world.guns.ru or look up the gun on Wikipedia. Wikipedia isn't always right on the money, but most of the time it is, or atleast close enough.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:44 am
Profile WWW

Deathfang wrote:
This is a really good mod, but it's not as realistic as it could be. On a few guns I used, the bullets would just disappear in mid flight like a shotgun. Also, I think the bolt actions should have a bolt-working sound in the gun shot sound, then just match up the fire time interval to make it sound right. The mosin nagant needs to have a lot of piercing power, I've shot one before, and it goes straight through an engine block. The thing fires a 7.62x54 round, that thing will blow your leg off in real life, my friend has seen someone take their own leg off by accident at a gun range with one. I feel that most of the firing rates are close to correct, but the thompson shoots too slow. If you need help on looking up statistics of guns, go to http://www.world.guns.ru or look up the gun on Wikipedia. Wikipedia isn't always right on the money, but most of the time it is, or atleast close enough.

Alright, I'll work on polishing the guns. I'm also trying to find a bolt-working sound, as I was going to add that too. I'll also up the thompson firing rate up a bit. :)

Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Thank you for taking into consideration what I said. I can supply you with a bolt action sound if you can't find/make one. :grin:

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:38 pm
Profile WWW

I'll record some action sounds later on.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:49 pm

if you want to take down how far a shotgun can fire, make the bullets have an airresistance = 0.005 or something.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:09 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next