View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Large Pile o' Stuff *Update: September 30th '12* 

Post Re: Large Pile o' Stuff
So despite the very detailed description on the Eruption Cannon the only differences I see in anything is the fact that one is long range, one is short range and the other is short range and spins. What exactly am I supposed to be seeing in the BFG mode?

Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile WWW

Shook wrote:
[img1]Epic[/img1]

Oh my, dual sine waves :3 Finally! I suggested that way back when I suggested the Serpent Trailer. HOO-HAH, DOUBLE PLASMA TIME GOGO.

Fri May 21, 2010 9:07 pm

This won't work with B23 for me.

When I run it, it says (insert code here) has referenced at (insert code here). Cannot run.

:c

Fri May 21, 2010 9:32 pm

@Spoot Knight: Weeeeeeeeeeeeell i'm not much for revealing things like that, but since i love the BFG function so much myself, i guess it's allright to tell. If the shot (in BFG mode) passes near someone, it fires a full-strength blast beam into their face (actually body but hey) at a frightening rate (up to 5 beams per second!1!). Remaining near the shot is NOT advised, though it won't target the user. The shot also fires beams with three times the range at anyone around the point of impact, except yourself. This makes the already painful explosion much more deadly. So yeah, it does more than just fly slow and look pretty. :U

@Ragdollmaster: It look sweet and all but right now it's a bit dull functionally. It's just really sharp particles that plow through most people, but with very limited terrain rape. Perhaps i could make more than one gun hmmmmmmmmmm...

@Warguy: Ouch. I'm pretty sure it's clean of dependencies, so i don't know what's causing the error. Try redownloading, perhaps?

Also, unrelated teasing. As in, this won't appear in THIS pack. I know that at least a few of you will recognize this.

Armor really does help. :U

Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

Ah, reminds me of the good old days of NWN.

Fri May 21, 2010 11:06 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah when we mowed down robots with machine guns. :grin:
But I hated being a rouge and missing in that game.

Sat May 22, 2010 3:47 am

Shook wrote:
Also, unrelated teasing. As in, this won't appear in THIS pack. I know that at least a few of you will recognize this.

[img]Epockness[/img]

[img]And%20more[/img]

I can't wait till you finish this.

Sat May 22, 2010 3:51 am

So it's a play at the BFG 10K from Quake II, brilliant. :D

Sat May 22, 2010 4:05 am
Profile WWW

Well Shook, instead of making the actor's head weigh more, maybe making their armor weigh more?

Sat May 22, 2010 4:13 am

That or use a particle that attaches to the enemy's head and applies a constant force down, pushing the enemy into the ground.

Actualy, how about a gun that targets an enemy, attatches a particle and then flies off in a random direction? Powerfull in confined bunkers as enemys ricochet off walls.

Sat May 22, 2010 8:20 am

I'm curious, what would I have to do in order to increase the range at which the Eruptor projectile fires the beams in-flight?

Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 am
Profile WWW

With this version, you can easily change the range up to 150 pixels, though after that you'll have to dig a tad deeper. Simply go to the Eruptor folder, open the Eruptor.lua file and change "self.beamRange" to something higher, though the beam won't go further than 150 pixels. If you want to change that, you have to go under the Update function, look for "if self.fireMode == 2 then", go to the "if dist < 150 then" line below it and change 150 to whatever range you want. Note that this will also increase the range of the impact beam to the same number, though this will be made easier to change in the next version.

@Petethegoat: Great, because it most certainly is based on D&D. :)

@Sakiskid: Oh what i wouldn't give for a machine gun to fight those pesky dragons. :U
Anyways, just increasing the mass of an actor isn't all that amazing. Problematic for the actor, sure, but not very interesting to watch. May/may not do this.

@hax: Don't hold your breath, it's going to take some time. Not because it's particularly time consuming, but because i'm lazy and doing so many other things. Glad to see some enthusiasm, though. :grin:

@Samohan25: Perhaps.

Also, i'm wondering whether i should incorporate the critical threat roll into the system i've made. Right now the critical percentages are pretty square and high (5, 10, 15...), which results in a fair few crits. Ehh. I'll figure it out. Still need to finish up the Sine Gun before i release the next update. It looks super pretty, but the function is a liiiiiiiiittle bit boring. Therefore i might need to make more guns, as i stated before.

Sat May 22, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile WWW

IDEA: Human Fireworks Gun/Bomb/Cannon/Rain!

-The particle (bullet or shrapnel) hits an actor

-The actor's head starts blowing up

-As this is happening, the actor's GlobalAccScalar is going down and eventually becoming a negative number

-The actor's GlobalAccScalar hits -1 and stays there, making the actor fall upward

-When the actor's head reaches five times the original size, it explodes into a semi-dangerous super-pretty ultra-colorful fireworks explosion w/ 3p0k FX!!!

-(If it hits a crab, the whole crab should do the same thing, and craft should just spontaneously erupt into super glow rapey goodness!)

Would love 2 see dat.

Sun May 23, 2010 7:13 pm

this is probably a dumb question, but what is NWN?

Sun May 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Cmdr 5ir wrote:
what is NWN?

Neo-Walrus-Nazis.

Sun May 23, 2010 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next