View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:27 pm



Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What should I use? 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Sothe wrote:
Important id est something possibly of interest to you, that Google sees as a threat to your sterile browser experience. Not draconian, think more along the likes of masonic oligarchies. If something is filtered out, it's because Google doesn't like it, and it doesn't have anything to do with your laws, it has to do with their agenda.

And even if that is the case, I still get exactly the results I want and am looking for. Which I highly doubt is the case.
Sothe wrote:
I didn't ♥♥♥♥♥ when you resulted to ad homenim. boohoo. Once again you're totally missing the point of this thing called the "authors vision". (Another stupid straw man argument about TOP SCIENCE). There's these things called predictions and statistics but those don't matter I guess.
I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the Author's Vision, I use forms of entertainment to be entertained. It's a waste of my time and my energy if there is crap interfering with the book providing proper entertainment to me.
You say predictions and statistics, I see neither.
And what makes your Top Scientist so great that he's infallible in his prediction that everything will stagnate and die off?
Sothe wrote:
I AM SILLY
Yes you are.
Sothe wrote:
See part 2. It's not insulting everyone who doesn't agree with me, I didn't state any specific users being google-advocates besides you.
I'm a positive person, and I like to be positive. I'm only talking about the negative because its relevant.

By giving negative intonations and referring to "sleeper google-advocates" in a way that implies you dislike them, AFTER calling Google evil and saying that I'm an idiot for thinking they aren't, you actually ARE insulting them.
And you aren't specifically stating anyone as a google advocate because A) nobody else has spoken up about it and B) then you'd have to contend with having insulted them as well. You're calling everyone who likes Google an idiot, and then hiding behind the fact that you didn't specifically drop a name.

Sothe wrote:
I'm a positive person, and I like to be positive. I'm only talking about the negative because its relevant.
Dear god I lol'd, too many examples of you being, hell not even a Debby Downer, more of an Andy ♥♥♥hole, to count.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
I'd have to agree that you're probably the most half empty optimist I've ever met


Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 3877
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
It's these moments I still am on DRLFF for. Waking up, getting me some food, checking my topic reply notifications and discovering a 3-page argument. You guys made my day.
btw i think hku is right


Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Metal Chao wrote:
I'd have to agree that you're probably the most half empty optimist I've ever met

Because you don't have conversations with me or try to be my friend. You just see me stir up arguments on a forum nobody should care about.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:26 am
Posts: 1633
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Sothe wrote:
Metal Chao wrote:
I'd have to agree that you're probably the most half empty optimist I've ever met

Because you don't have conversations with me or try to be my friend.

I want to be your friend Sothe. Let's cuddle.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
TorrentHKU wrote:
And even if that is the case, I still get exactly the results I want and am looking for. Which I highly doubt is the case.

You're missing the principle here. It's hiding search results. Hiding search results is bad.

Torrent wrote:
I don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the Author's Vision, I use forms of entertainment to be entertained. It's a waste of my time and my energy if there is crap interfering with the book providing proper entertainment to me.
You say predictions and statistics, I see neither.
And what makes your Top Scientist so great that he's infallible in his prediction that everything will stagnate and die off?

Well it's dense if you're not ever going to take the authors vision into consideration. Either that or you just have no empathy. It's called Drexel University, they have the predictions and statistics, but too bad for their 122 year existence, they have been infallible and inaccurate, right?

Torrent wrote:
Yes you are.

Desperate for an irrelevant win there huh

Torrent wrote:
By giving negative intonations and referring to "sleeper google-advocates" in a way that implies you dislike them, AFTER calling Google evil and saying that I'm an idiot for thinking they aren't, you actually ARE insulting them.
And you aren't specifically stating anyone as a google advocate because A) nobody else has spoken up about it and B) then you'd have to contend with having insulted them as well. You're calling everyone who likes Google an idiot, and then hiding behind the fact that you didn't specifically drop a name.

It's not that I hate sleeper google-advocates. I fear for them. It's too late for a lot of them though, like you. So what do you want me to specifically pick out other people to insult? No, everyone who likes Google is just in the dark, in terms of privacy policies. I'm not hiding behind nothing. Want me to drop names then? Lets do this! I'll make a list of everyone I know who's ever used Google and I will insult them here in this thread.

Torrent wrote:
Dear god I lol'd, too many examples of you being, hell not even a Debby Downer, more of an Andy ♥♥♥hole, to count.

viewtopic.php?p=518263#p518263
It's like how you're an insufferable ass to people who disagree with you on the forums.
But a little different.


And I will read Brave New World. Thanks for enlightening me on that Duh.


Last edited by Sothe on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
I think the real issue here is that you view yourself as enlightened and everyone else as the sheeple masses when in fact the reality is that we are all equally indocrinated, you're just following a different set of programming to the other people in this topic.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Metal Chao wrote:
I think the real issue here is that you view yourself as enlightened and everyone else as the sheeple masses when in fact the reality is that we are all equally indocrinated, you're just following a different set of programming to the other people in this topic.

I guess I'm just really dramatic. There are also ways to use Google products without being tracked or monitored. I didn't bring those up because of muh freedoms.

Well if anyone's interested.
https://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php chromium for tinfoil hats
https://www.startpage.com/ uses googles engine
http://abine.com/ anti-track addon
http://disconnect.me/ anti-track addon
https://encrypteverything.ca/index.php/ ... t_Webforms Webform guide with external links to temporary mail and SMS services
Also by reading the webforms guide and using NoScript, you almost never run into problems. Well NoScript can be tedious if you're always browsing new sites. But there's Adblock Plus too.


Last edited by Sothe on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Why wait for something to happen when you post something genuinely useful and not wholly controversial or provocative?


Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Roast Veg wrote:
Why wait for something to happen when you post something genuinely useful and not wholly controversial or provocative?

Well nothing much is going on right now. Like, tumblr dash is slow, haven't opened Miranda IM yet, and its early. Not used to mornings. I say at 2:51 pm.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Sothe wrote:
You're missing the principle here. It's hiding search results. Hiding search results is bad.
No, hiding search results indiscriminately or in a way that only promotes one's own agenda is bad.
Hiding search results that are irrelevant or bad for my computer is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged.

Sothe wrote:
Well it's dense if you're not ever going to take the authors vision into consideration. Either that or you just have no empathy. It's called Drexel University, they have the predictions and statistics, but too bad for their 122 year existence, they have been infallible and inaccurate, right?
I don't know the author, 97% of the time their vision doesn't matter, therefore I don't care about them. Unless they prove to be good at entertaining me, then I will gladly read more of their works, for the purpose of entertainment.
Good for Drexel University. If I actually cared I could probably find some professors and scientists and ♥♥♥♥ from equally prestigious organizations who say the opposite of what yours do.
Once again, you really can't predict the future. Nobody could've predicted that the world would be like it is right now in 2000, for so many reasons, most of them being "Things Happened".
Sothe wrote:
Torrent wrote:
Yes you are.

Desperate for an irrelevant win there huh
Not really but if you want to turn what was actually just a joke into part of the argument as well, come at me bro.
Sothe wrote:
It's not that I hate sleeper google-advocates. I fear for them. It's too late for a lot of them though, like you. So what do you want me to specifically pick out other people to insult? No, everyone who likes Google is just in the dark, in terms of privacy policies. I'm not hiding behind nothing. Want me to drop names then? Lets do this! I'll make a list of everyone I know who's ever used Google and I will insult them here in this thread.
I'm not in the dark. I know Google watches some of my ♥♥♥♥, and I don't think it merits any of my concerns.
Google is a nice company, if they want to know the contents of my Youtube and porn consumption then go right ahead.
Sothe wrote:
Because you don't have conversations with me or try to be my friend. You just see me stir up arguments on a forum nobody should care about.
It's like how you're an insufferable ass to people who disagree with you on the forums.
But a little different.
I give only what I receive bro. If you get hated on, then you earned it somehow, in this case by being an ass in most of the times I've spoken with you.
BB actually made an attempt to better himself and befriend us, and hey he fits in now.

Hell, you're saying that I'm an ass because I'm judging you based on what you've shown me. How is that even logic?


Last edited by TorrentHKU on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
TorrentHKU wrote:
No, hiding search results indiscriminately or in a way that only promotes one's own agenda is bad.
Hiding search results that are irrelevant or bad for my computer is perfectly acceptable and should be encouraged.

Get Web of Trust on your browser and compare your Google search results with DuckDuckGo for a search, and see how much "bad stuff" is on your results page

Torrent wrote:
I don't know the author, 97% of the time their vision doesn't matter, therefore I don't care about them. Unless they prove to be good at entertaining me, then I will gladly read more of their works, for the purpose of entertainment.
Good for Drexel University. If I actually cared I could probably find some professors and scientists and ♥♥♥♥ from equally prestigious organizations who say the opposite of what yours do.
Once again, you really can't predict the future. Nobody could've predicted that the world would be like it is right now in 2000, for so many reasons, most of them being "Things Happened".

So I guess entertainment is more important than intellectualism. If you read Drexel's forecasts, you wouldn't be dismissing them. And predictions aren't there to show us a window into the future, it's to prepare us and warn us of what could happen.

Torrent wrote:
Not really but if you want to turn what was actually just a joke into part of the argument as well, come at me bro

le epic le funny meme come at me bro face le dot jaypeg epix xDDDD *le serious face for a seccon* wait a minut r u triyn to coax me into a snafu m8??????

Torrent wrote:
I'm not in the dark. I know Google watches some of my ♥♥♥♥, and I don't think it merits any of my concerns.
Google is a nice company, if they want to know the contents of my Youtube and porn consumption then go right ahead.

Well in this case you're choosing to stay in the dark. Did you ever think maybe your Youtube and porn consumption are your business and not theirs?

Torrent wrote:
I give only what I receive bro. If you get hated on, then you earned it somehow, in this case by being an ass in most of the times I've spoken with you.
BB actually made an attempt to better himself and befriend us, and hey he fits in now.

Hell, you're saying that I'm an ass because I'm judging you based on what you've shown me. How is that even logic?

Nah, there were cases where you were legitimately being an ♥♥♥hole to someone because they had a differing view. Not this case. The point is that I'm generally not trying to be your friends. And he's not bettering himself by trying to befriend you, he's assimilating to your forum.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Well I totally didn't ♥♥♥♥ up that 2nd quote up there, nope.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 2901
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
"Legitimately being an ♥♥♥hole to someone because they had a differing view" sums up pretty much 100% of your contribution to this topic Sothe, apart from that single post quoting me just now on this page, I hope you are aware.
Pretty sure that's against the forum rules even but the mods apparently don't care.


Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:34 am
Posts: 2034
Reply with quote
Post Re: What should I use?
Metal Chao wrote:
"Legitimately being an ♥♥♥hole to someone because they had a differing view" sums up pretty much 100% of your contribution to this topic Sothe, apart from that single post quoting me just now on this page, I hope you are aware.
Pretty sure that's against the forum rules even but the mods apparently don't care.

You bring up a valid point.
It doesn't matter. He's a mod. He shouldn't be acting like how I'm acting. Additionally, the other mods/admins shouldn't just skim this thread and go like o w/e its k. Both Duh102 and TheLastBanana did so in the peak of the argument. That's why I made that one post saying "whatever I don't care anymore". I thought TLB was going to delete all the posts or lock the thread

And yes, I am being an ♥♥♥hole to someone with a differing view, but that's part of being a cyber-privacy any kind of activist.


Last edited by Sothe on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]