View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Identify yourself!"
Monk, get ready to anti-magic her.
> 3 tendril Captivate, float 3 bolts for now. Try to be discreet. If it moves to attack, 40 power Meteor with one bolt. If it misses or isn't stopped, fire the other two.


Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5017
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"...I expected it to hurt more. Are you sure you did it?"

>Do I feel different at all?


Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1501
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Coming along after all? Well I suppose now is as good as time as any to get breakfast before we set off."
>Walk along street until we find breakfast, possibly steal it since we might be broke.


Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Well, that's weird. Enable exceptions. If it approaches us, try creating a a-m zone around it or whoever it approaches.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1475
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>It's Kuori Isn't it.
>Peek under the bed.


Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11812
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Identify yourself!"
Monk, get ready to anti-magic her.
> 3 tendril Captivate, float 3 bolts for now. Try to be discreet. If it moves to attack, 40 power Meteor with one bolt. If it misses or isn't stopped, fire the other two.

You float 3 bolts, keeping them close to your body so they aren't as visible.
CrazyMLC wrote:
> Well, that's weird. Enable exceptions. If it approaches us, try creating a a-m zone around it or whoever it approaches.

You enable the exceptions, and start trying to break your way out of the crate. You've lost sight of the whatever is out there, hopefully your team has it covered.

The crate, even when it's all banged up, still puts up a fight as you rip apart the metal sheeting that makes up the walls, eventually making an opening large enough to squeeze through.




Your team watches the creature, John and black mages prepping bolts, Monk crouched and ready to pounce, Vandolf shedding the last of the metal coffin.

Monk: "DRAGON!"

A massive draconic shadow slams into the ground on top of the lady-like creature and quickly shrinks into a human-sized form, holding the broken form of the lady. The "dragon" hurls the creature south with titanic strength, and you nearly fall over from the force of the dragon jumping buckling the earth, morphing back into the form of a four-winged dragon. The beast looks large enough to crush Vranhal's capital building under its foot, bigger than any other dragon you've heard of.



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
"...I expected it to hurt more. Are you sure you did it?"

>Do I feel different at all?

Hmm. Nope, don't feel different at all.

Daalmir: "If you feel nothing different, then it is successful. Look."

He shows you the construct in his hand, which used to be on your arm.

Daalmir: "Because synchronization no longer occurs, you won't feel anything from your spirit."



________________________________________

maart3n wrote:
"Coming along after all? Well I suppose now is as good as time as any to get breakfast before we set off."
>Walk along street until we find breakfast, possibly steal it since we might be broke.

Dehlii: "The others might get upset if they knew I just let you run off, I guess."
You find what looks like a corner store, being run by a single chirop behind the counter. The small but brightly-lit building has shelves of preserved foodstuffs.

Packages of dried fruit slices, roasted or salted beetles and grubs, juices, candy, water.

Employee: "Late-night snack?"



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>It's Kuori Isn't it.
>Peek under the bed.

You peek under the bed, where you find Kuori shifting around trying to get comfortable.


Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"WHAT the HELL! Wasn't that the mega dragon that was fighting the construct?! Why the hell is it over here! Why did it attack-
...
♥♥♥♥, was that a goddamn witchling?"


Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5017
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"...I am still vulnerable to spirit damage, though. Does that mean I won't feel it until it's too late?

...

Maybe I should have thought about this a bit longer. Thank you anyways, Doctor."

>Shake hands, nod, leave. My squad is waiting!


Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1475
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Leave her to her thing, see if I can get back to sleep.


Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> VANDOLF PUNCH the crate to widen the opening until I can comfortably step out.


Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1501
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Or really early breakfast, can't really tell where that line would be."
>Get something that would work as a proper breakfast for me and Dehlii.


Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11812
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"WHAT the HELL! Wasn't that the mega dragon that was fighting the construct?! Why the hell is it over here! Why did it attack-
...
♥♥♥♥, was that a goddamn witchling?"

Black Mage 1: "If the thing causing all this trouble really is the First Witch, it makes sense that it'd have witchlings.


Though... That wasn't a dragon. I think that's a warlock."


CrazyMLC wrote:
> VANDOLF PUNCH the crate to widen the opening until I can comfortably step out.

You PAUNCH the crate wide enough to crawl out (it's sideways), escaping the metal death trap.


Looking south, you can see the land scarred with huge trenches and walls from the leviathan's movements, as well as hundreds of giant boulders scattered about. Witch cores.



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
"...I am still vulnerable to spirit damage, though. Does that mean I won't feel it until it's too late?

...

Maybe I should have thought about this a bit longer. Thank you anyways, Doctor."

>Shake hands, nod, leave. My squad is waiting!

You shake his hand and nod, which he uses as an opportunity to reattach the anti-magic construct to your arm.

Well, you've spent enough time not-mission'ing. Leaving the Whitehawk camp, you make your way through the city and reach the port again, where Ethan and Amelia are waiting.

Amelia: "Hey. Ready to, uh, go into a dark cave with a murder-beast?"



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>Leave her to her thing, see if I can get back to sleep.

Well, she's not doing any harm. Lying back in bed, you close your eyes.

Grant is standing in a Ruhe temple (what was that called again?) talking to, seemingly, the air.

Grant: "The devil herself has appeared again. It's only a matter of time until the gates of hell are opened again."

A familiar voice emanates from the walls of the building.

Faren-Wuust: "I do not mean to sound rude regarding the questionable accuracy of your scriptures, but the Ruhe do not think Infidi was responsible for the Corruption, not directly, at least. At this point it's just comparing sources of knowledge that contradict the other, so we can't say for sure what will happen."

The Caelum healer turns to you.

Grant: "Oh, hello Kyeltziv."




________________________________________

maart3n wrote:
"Or really early breakfast, can't really tell where that line would be."
>Get something that would work as a proper breakfast for me and Dehlii.

Hmm. Two wooden containers of water, two packs of dried apples, and two packs of roasted wood-grubs. Those little buggers are high in protein.

There doesn't seem to be a cash box, and you don't exactly have money either. The "store" tender notices your questioning look.

Employee: "Free food. Just don't gorge yourself."


Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5017
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Confident smile, wink.

"Thought you'd never ask.


>Head west again, moving through the forest. Stop by the bonfire, see if Kazooie is still around. In any case, continue on to the mouth of the cave.

>On the way, take a look at my magical companions. I never took the time to identify them as more than 'a girl and a drunk'.


Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"What is a warlock?"


Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:24 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1475
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"So uh, what 'xactly is meant t' be 'appenin?"


Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:28 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255 ... 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.030s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]