View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:36 am



Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Tenderly place my hand on the man's head.

"Fear not, soon you will be free from your bonds, within and without. May Solis's light fill your heart."

> EXORCISE


Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11746
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0002



~~~

563-05-12
Late Morning

~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

"I, am considering the Order of Solis right now. It's a noble way to use my skills. And a more noble way to earn my pay than being a barmaid."

William: ”The Order of Solis is a harrowing path, standing between good people and the dark forces. High pay for a dangerous job.

Though, you are also here, the first woman in the history of the academy to reach First Master, with skill matching or exceeding your peers. Perhaps you will excel on the hunt as much as you do in these halls.”



________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure

You grab your badge and mission papers.

"You'll have your witch dealt with, Seer."

Leaving the office, you skim over the papers, picking out key information.

Young woman with dark shoulder-length hair, usually seen wearing a white longcoat and carrying a cloth sack over her shoulder. Witness accounts of her collecting various minerals and plants and performing strange rituals of fire and brewery.

Witches, vile people who, of their own volition, perform dark arts to call forth the devil.

Possessed, people who have been marked by the devil with the Demon Eye, manipulated to channel the devil’s power and corrupt others.

Heretics, those who are neither witches nor possessed, but carry out arcane arts and rituals that dismantle the teachings of Solis and indirectly allow the devil to flourish.

Your target has not been marked as any of the three yet. The Demon Eye can be hidden under clothes, and witches will carry out the devil’s will regardless of the Eye. Your mission objective for now is to capture the woman alive and take her back to the barracks for questioning, along with taking anyone who you believe is working with her.

As you push open the door to the outside, you’re met with a street rat standing in front of you, who seemed to have been talking to the guard.

Guard: ”Welcome back to the force, Captain. Need fresh meat? This one’s lookin’ for a job.”


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand

You tenderly place your hand on the man’s head, covering one of the Eyes.

"Fear not, soon you will be free from your bonds, within and without. May Solis's light fill your heart."

Taking a deep breath, you find the divine light of Solis within yourself, and let it shine out.

Your hand visibly glows and the man screams as much as one could when gagged, thrashing about while the Eyes spaz and twitch.

Gradually, one by one, they close, and soon vanish, eventually leaving the man’s skin bare, unmarked.

His screams turn into muffled groaning, then heavy breathing, and then quickly to peaceful breaths, eyes no longer looking with fear, but with relief.

Cured, cleansed of the devil.

You undo the chains on the man’s arms and legs, and help him remove the gag from his mouth.

Man: ”Thank you...”

The Witch Hunter Captain brings the Man’s clothes to him, and soon the three of you are outside of the exorcist chamber. After helping the man to a bench, the Captain unslings a pack and carefully undoes the strap holding it closed.

Priest Victor is sitting on another bench nearby, looking at you wearily. The both of you have been busy with a large number of exorcisms lately, a task that has left him drained.

Priest Victor: ”Another swift exorcism. Good work.”

Witch Hunter Captain: ”Now that the most immediate matter has been taken care of, there is something else I wish to show you.”

Priest Victor: ”Oh?”

The Captain pulls out a large rectangular object, close to a book in dimensions, wrapped in cloth.

Witch Hunter Captain: ”After my team captured this man in his dwelling, we searched for immediate items of interest, one of which was a piece of paper with writing on it. Two of my men looked at the paper and suddenly felt their wards breaking, a third was marked by Eyes. Those were the three you treated prior to this one.

Without looking, I placed the paper between two slabs of wood, bound them together with cord, and wrapped it with cloth. The Chapter Seer has never heard of anything like this before, and recommended that I take it to you.”


Priest Victor: ”I see. We will take it then, and investigate when we have sufficient priests.”

The Captain nods and handes the bundle to Victor.

Witch Hunter Captain: ”Thank you. I will get this man squared away now, he has surely gone through a lot. What is your name, sir..?”

The Captain and the man walk off, leaving you with Victor, and the bundle.



Priest Victor: ”Writing that incites the devil to attack the reader. Has Witch Speak adapted to a written form? The implications of this...”


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

"Lady, I am not as old as you think! It's only the salt on my beard that would deceive you so.

I can change my plans to be at Delma, if you wish. It is not so far a journey, and I can pick up fish for sale along the way, if I buy bait first. But is there anything you have to make it worth my time?"


Woman: "If I find any salmon eggs I could make you some bait works on saltwater fish too, but how about this for now?"

She pulls out a glass vial and shows it to you, a strange red goo in it.

Woman: "A craft potion that could heal an old childhood scar if you rub it in. Good enough?"


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

"I've seen your posters, I mean who hasn't? eheh... I... I want in."

Guard: ”You? A Huntsman? I s’pose we’re low on rookies, could always use more fodder. Y’like havin’ the devil tear your soul out, kid?”

The barracks door suddenly opens.

A tall, muscular woman with one arm steps outside, a golden badge pinned to her shirt signifying the rank of Witch Hunter Captain, and a packet of papers in her hand for her next mission perhaps.

She quickly halts, noticing you standing almost in front of her.

Guard: ”Welcome back to the force, Captain. Need fresh meat? This one’s lookin’ for a job.”


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

Man: "Lady, I am not as old as you think! It's only the salt on my beard that would deceive you so.

I can change my plans to be at Delma, if you wish. It is not so far a journey, and I can pick up fish for sale along the way, if I buy bait first. But is there anything you have to make it worth my time?"


"If I find any salmon eggs I could make you some bait works on saltwater fish too, but how about this for now?"

You pull out a glass vial with red goo, and show it to the man.

Paste of Blood Cap mixed with essence of Star Green.

Blood Caps are rare mushrooms that, when eaten fresh, provide lasting energy and nutrients, but can spoil in a matter of hours and when consumed will instead deliver crippling illness.

Star Green, a substance that grows on food and makes them inedible, and resists other forms of rot itself.

When combined in the right proportions, the Star Green appears to greatly lengthen the usable lifespan of Blood Cap without consuming it, making the mixture a practical means to give one a quick energetic boost, applying to a wound for accelerated healing, or for purifying the skin and working out scars and rashes.

"A craft potion that could heal an old childhood scar if you rub it in. Good enough?"


Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Ah, so you are a maker of medicines? I will gladly take you where you need to be, then, if you could supply me one more such potion after delivery to Delma.

I am Maxim Kapitanovich. You need not call me 'captain'. What do they call you?"


>Walk to a bait stall or some other purveyor of fishing supplies, to get a little something for the journey.


Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4995
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Huh. One less ruffian to look for."

>Put hand on his shoulder, lead him beside me as we walk out of the base.

"Welcome to the Hunt, boy! I can tell you have a bright future with us. You ever swung a torch at someone before? How about a sword? Anyways - We're going to need a Blesser to come with us on this trek, in case the witch proves to be an actual witch - Oh, right. We're going to hunt for a strange woman with a long coat. Grimy sort, seems to be performing all manner of dark rituals. Bring her in alive, for now, unless she's actually performing devilry - In which case, well...

You ever set up a pyre, boy? Quite the experience. Though usually makes a big mess. If we find a lake nearby, there's always the option of drowning her. Witches are heavier than ducks, so they tend to sink."


Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"If this continues, it may be difficult to control."


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1462
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Look at me, really, you think i'd have done any of that?"


Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2866
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
TheKebbit wrote:
"Ah, so you are a maker of medicines? I will gladly take you where you need to be, then, if you could supply me one more such potion after delivery to Delma.

I am Maxim Kapitanovich. You need not call me 'captain'. What do they call you?"


>Walk to a bait stall or some other purveyor of fishing supplies, to get a little something for the journey.

>Stow the carried loot aboard the boat underneath one of the seats then follow Maxim.

"For now you can call me Ardor Zirco."
>She shines a goofy looking smile.


Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I've blazed a new trail this far. I'd like to see how far I can go. That, and I think I still need more of a name for myself than just reaching First Master."
> Lopsided smile.
"First woman to reach First Master? Just a fluke, they say. First woman to reach First Master and then go on to be a renown hunter for the order? Well, no-one could deny me then."


Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4995
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"...Not really, no. You look like a rat just spat you out. Well, never too late to start!"


Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:25 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1462
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I guess, don't expect i'd do much word swinging though, bit flashy for someone like me."


Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11746
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0003



~~~

563-05-12
Late Morning

~~~
________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a pasH of peaceful days

”I've blazed a new trail this far. I'd like to see how far I can go. That, and I think I still need more of a name for myself than just reaching First Master.”

You give him a lopsided smile.

"First woman to reach First Master? Just a fluke, they say. First woman to reach First Master and then go on to be a renown hunter for the order? Well, no-one could deny me then."

He chuckles.

William: ”That is certainly one way to make a name for yourself. Just make it’s not a title awarded post-mortem.”

Someone waves William over to another group, which looks like they’re in the middle of discussing some fencing tactic.

William: ”Excuse me.”

He leaves your side and walks over to the others, watching what they have to show him and giving his usual criticisms.


The doesn’t feel like it suits your tastes, though that may be more of the people. Several of the students have their loved ones over and they socialize fine, but no one treats you like the average woman, nor are you on the same standing as your own peers. An anomaly they don’t know how to handle.

Maybe it’s time to leave, and start looking for a job. Hanging around here isn’t going to do any good if you’re not studying the blade.


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant a d pure

"Huh. One less ruffian to look for."

You put your hand on his shoulder, walking beside him and leading the way as you walk away from the chapter grounds.

"Welcome to the Hunt, boy! I can tell you have a bright future with us. You ever swung a torch at someone before? How about a sword? Anyways - We're going to need a Blesser to come with us on this trek, in case the witch proves to be an actual witch - Oh, right. We're going to hunt for a strange woman with a long coat. Grimy sort, seems to be performing all manner of dark rituals. Bring her in alive, for now, unless she's actually performing devilry - In which case, well...

You ever set up a pyre, boy? Quite the experience. Though usually makes a big mess. If we find a lake nearby, there's always the option of drowning her. Witches are heavier than ducks, so they tend to sink."


Street Rat: "Look at me, really, you think i'd have done any of that?"

"...Not really, no. You look like a rat just spat you out. Well, never too late to start!"

Street Rat: "I guess, don't expect i'd do much word swinging though, bit flashy for someone like me."

The two of you reach a medium-sized Church of Solis. It’s no cathedral, but it sees a large number of patrons every day, providing prayers and wards to fend of the devil, and exorcisms to cleanse those who have been marked.

Opening the double doors and stepping into the church, you look around - stained glass windows letting in plentiful light, rows of empty pews, and a modest altar.

An old man, a priest, enters the congregation area from one of the building wings, with a young disciple following behind him. You recognize the older one as Priest Victor, the head priest of this church, and the younger one as Gabriel, a prodigy of the divine arts.

Priest Victor: ”Do you require our assistance?”


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand

"If this continues, it may be difficult to control."

Priest Victor: ”If simply spreading around papers is enough to spread the will of the devil, what can we even do?”

He looks down at the bundle.

Priest Victor: ”I am afraid of what the future holds.”


You hear the main doors of the church open. Victor sluggishly rises to his feet and walks over to the main congregation area, and you follow behind.

The church is empty of patrons at the moment, and the only people present beside the two of you are the newcomers.

A tall, muscled blonde woman missing an arm, the remaining one encased in a steel bracer. A street rat is standing beside her, a young man close to your age, perhaps.

Priest Victor: ”Do you require our assistance?”


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at Aeace

"Ah, so you are a maker of medicines? I will gladly take you where you need to be, then, if you could supply me one more such potion after delivery to Delma.

I am Maxim Kapitanovich. You need not call me 'captain'. What do they call you?"


Woman: "For now you can call me Ardor Zirco."

Ardor walks up the gangplank of your ship, stashing her bag under a bench, and then follows after you to the market area. As you search the stalls for bread and salted meat for yourself and bait for fishing, you notice that a lot of people give Ardor odd looks here and there.

She is dressed a bit strangely with that longcoat, you guess.

After buying your items, the two of you head back to your ship and you make ready to leave.

Time to set sail for Delma?


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of Ieaceful dayD

Witch Hunter Captain: "Huh. One less ruffian to look for."

She puts a hand on your shoulder, and the two of you leave the barracks side-by-side.

Witch Hunter Captain: "Welcome to the Hunt, boy! I can tell you have a bright future with us. You ever swung a torch at someone before? How about a sword? Anyways - We're going to need a Blesser to come with us on this trek, in case the witch proves to be an actual witch - Oh, right. We're going to hunt for a strange woman with a long coat. Grimy sort, seems to be performing all manner of dark rituals. Bring her in alive, for now, unless she's actually performing devilry - In which case, well...

You ever set up a pyre, boy? Quite the experience. Though usually makes a big mess. If we find a lake nearby, there's always the option of drowning her. Witches are heavier than ducks, so they tend to sink."


"Look at me, really, you think i'd have done any of that?"

Witch Hunter Captain: "...Not really, no. You look like a rat just spat you out. Well, never too late to start!"

Street Rat: "I guess, don't expect i'd do much word swinging though, bit flashy for someone like me."

The two of you reach a medium-sized Church of Solis. It’s no cathedral, but it sees a large number of patrons every day, providing prayers and wards to fend of the devil, and exorcisms to cleanse those who have been marked.

The Captain opens the double doors and the two of you head in. Stained glass windows letting in plentiful light, rows of empty pews, and a modest altar.

An old man, a priest, enters the congregation area from one of the building wings, with a young disciple following behind him.

Old Priest: ”Do you require our assistance?”


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a Aast of peacefRl days

Man: "Ah, so you are a maker of medicines? I will gladly take you where you need to be, then, if you could supply me one more such potion after delivery to Delma.

I am Maxim Kapitanovich. You need not call me 'captain'. What do they call you?"


"For now you can call me Ardor Zirco."

You walk up the gangplank of the ship and stow your bagged goods under a bench, and then follow Maximum into the marketplace. As he makes his way around gathering food and bait, you keep an eye out for guards and huntsmen - no sign of them yet, but you’re getting quite a few odd looks from people.

After Maxim finishes getting his stuff together, the two of you return to his ship and he makes ready to leave.

Scanning the port, you don’t see anyone heading after you - looks like you’ll make a clean escape.


Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Yes, time to depart for Delma. Loosen the ship from the dock and hoist the sail, making our way out of the port.

"You wouldn't happen to be from around here, Zirco?"


Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 2866
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Please no more of that Zirco mess. I only told you that because of my loo-ooks that I was getting from the locals. You seen them right?
Anyways, my name is Diamond Zeal and no I'm not from around here.

However, I do run an odd jobs of sorts from my craftshouse."


Last edited by Mackerel on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:35 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Knowing medicine is suspicious, now, is it? Well, people can sometimes be quick to point the finger for heresy. You will find that I am open minded about the herb lore."


Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:51 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
> Yeah, time to go. I'm not good with large groups anyway.
So, the nearest Order office then.


Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:01 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.027s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]