View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 The Light Will Guide Us 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5079
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I don't think so - When they ambushed on the road, they outnumbered us. It would not have been an easy fight, but they'd have probably won. In that case, why go through the trouble of sending a message ahead? Even more so, after we passed the toll, we were sandwiched between two groups of them. We'd have been easy pickings.

What I'm saying is - We're alive and unstabbed right now. That's ought to mean something."


Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:49 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12049
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
Roll 0035



~~~

563-05-14
Afternoon

~~~

Langley: "We stand out.
I think we need travel clothes."


Diamond: "Do we need something heavy to conceal ourselves? I'm starting to get a little shaky from how close a den of home breakers are from me."

Langley: "Light is fine. A new cloak would do for you, if you take off that white coat.
I'll need a full change I think. C'mon."


Diamond takes off her coat and rolls it up as she follows Langley, the two of them searching for a clothes store.

After a bit of searching in the market area of town, they locate a small shop run by an old woman.

The clothes inside are a mix of whites, tans, and browns, in the form of simple blouses, buttoned shirts, pants, dresses, and nightgowns.

Shopkeeper: ”Hello dears, what can I get you?”

~~~

Gabriel: "Captain, do you think those bandits might know anything about the state of the town? They would probably have a good idea of what goes in and out."

Sei: "Fair idea, even if it's only the side road. They'd probably want coin in exchange, however."

Gabriel: "Or worse, they could be allied with the heretics... we have no idea if they sent a warning into town ahead of us."

"I don't think so - When they ambushed on the road, they outnumbered us. It would not have been an easy fight, but they'd have probably won. In that case, why go through the trouble of sending a message ahead? Even more so, after we passed the toll, we were sandwiched between two groups of them. We'd have been easy pickings.

What I'm saying is - We're alive and unstabbed right now. That's ought to mean something."


~~~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
a past of peaceful days
So s gi e me s r n

~


________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
accordant and pure
lis le s m sou

~


________________________________________
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
still is my hand
Solis uid m p a

You try to recall how far back the bandit camp was - two groups of bandits, one at the one-third distance up the road, and one at the two-third distance. Probably a good hour or more walk from here.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)
my mind is at peace
Solis uard m i

"These workshops - you don't suppose the folks behind 'em take a loss? Seems pointless to be doing so much craft away from the action. Who buys?"

The man you’re speaking to is a general merchant, selling materials back and forth between towns, mostly iron and wood.

Merchant: ”Think most of their goods are picked up by other merchants. Tools, blades, nails. Dunno why the set up shop there, maybe pullin’ in street rats for labour?”


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)
a past of peaceful days
o i g me stre g

"Heard there's a.... Wendal? round these parts, you'se know anything? Make it worth your time."

Street Rat 1: ”Worth our time, eh? Well I might’ve heard that name, depending on what ya got.”


________________________________________
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)
a past of peaceful days
So i g ve m str n

~


Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:35 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1500
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Produce one... no two pieces of bread.
"How 'bout it?"


Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3907
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Hiring street rats is good if it keeps 'em out of trouble. But I have heard that folks who tried the same in the bigger towns get issues with the workmanship, and maybe the goods leakin' out from time to time. It's an odd choice. Do you sell them material?"


Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:15 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"We're um, getting funny looks in town. I think we stand out too much. Can we get a full change of clothes each? Maybe a cloak to go with it."
> Wonder if I can still pull off the sweet little girl act. Probably not, I suck at acting. Just go for neutral.


Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12049
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)

~


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

"We're um, getting funny looks in town. I think we stand out too much. Can we get a full change of clothes each? Maybe a cloak to go with it."

Shopkeeper: ”Of course, let me get a pair of outfits together.”

The shopkeep walks around her shelves, gathering up various articles of clothing before returning.

A white shirt, brown slacks with suspenders, and a lightweight black hooded cloak for Langley.

A dark green summer dress and a tan hooded cloak for Diamond.

Shopkeep: ”Is this to your liking?”


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)

You pull out one, no, two pieces of bread.

"How 'bout it?"

The street rat glances at his buddies, then back at you.

Street Rat 1: ”Some weird guy runnin’ a workshop ‘round’ere. Hires anyone he can take.

Want my advice? Stay away from ‘em. He’s got the Mark. Probaby’ll turn ya into a crone or whatever they do.”



________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)

"Hiring street rats is good if it keeps 'em out of trouble. But I have heard that folks who tried the same in the bigger towns get issues with the workmanship, and maybe the goods leakin' out from time to time. It's an odd choice. Do you sell them material?"

Merchant: ”That I do. They ask for some pricey stuff, good spring steel costin’ a pretty pence. Must’ve got quality goods comin’ out of that place. Never been to the place myself, they send a guy to pick up the stuff’ere at port, an’ I pick up some rumours.”


Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3907
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"I may stop by. I've been looking for work myself - you know how it is! A little coin to keep the ship afloat."

>See if I can perhaps get a bit closer to this workshop. Maybe they will have some legitimate business I can handle.


Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:20 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Ah, that looks perfect. How much will it run us?"


Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1500
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"The Mark? Well... That seals it."
>Grin and hand them the bread.
"Not siding with that ♥♥♥♥? Smart move."

"Now, got some... business to attend to."
>Return to the captain, but keep an eye out for anyone tailing me.


Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12049
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)

You see the Street Rat exit the village and make his way up to your hill, eventually rejoining this side of the party.


________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Langley: "Ah, that looks perfect. How much will it run us?"

Shopkeep: ”Let’s see... How about fifty pence total?”

Hmm, that seems like a pretty good deal!


________________________________________
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)

"The Mark? Well... That seals it."

You grin while handing the bread to the kid, who takes it cautiously.

"Not siding with that ♥♥♥♥? Smart move."

Street Rat 1: ”We’re poor, not idiots.”

"Now, got some... business to attend to."


You leave the alleyway, watching your back as you navigate the ghetto, making sure no one’s tailing you.



You soon return to the designated meeting spot, where the Captain and Blesser are waiting as expected.


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)

"I may stop by. I've been looking for work myself - you know how it is! A little coin to keep the ship afloat."

Merchant: ”Aye, aye, jus’ watch yourself in that end’a town, eh?”

You leave the liveliness of the docks and make your way deeper into town, into the run-down, poor districts.


It takes a bit of walking around, looking over your shoulder, and eyeing down would-be pickpockets before they can even get close, but eventually, among the dilapidated buildings and filthy roads, you can hear a loud, constant pang in the air - the rhythmic striking of steel on steel, a sure sign of a smith’s shop.

Slipping into an alleyway and navigating around, you peer out and around a corner -

A large building - no, several buildings, a small block, built upwards an entire four stories in some parts and joined with walkways and walls, forming a singular behemoth of a structure.

Doors closed, windows shuttered, no man in sight. The sounds of metalworking sound like they’re coming from the center of the spectacle - perhaps there’s a courtyard clearing enclosed by the buildings where the smithing is taking place.


Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:36 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1500
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Captain, asked around, Wendal's running a workshop in town, hiring anyone stupid enough to work for someone who has the mark."


Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3907
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
>Walk the perimeter, try to get a look from all angles. If anyone stops me:

"I'm new in town, looking for work - you don't suppose they ever open the doors at this foundry?"


Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:39 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"We'll take it. Ah, may we change in here?"
> Pay the nice lady. I hope she's not a cultist. Would hate to have to stab her now.


Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:33 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5079
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
"Ah, so he DOES have the mark, then.

Good job, kiddo. I think, it may be time to pay his shop a visit. Just to ask a few questions, eh?"


Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12049
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: The Light Will Guide Us
________________________________________
Sei (Areku)
Gabriel (CrazyMLC)
Kanas Cole (Amazigh)

Kanas: "Captain, asked around, Wendal's running a workshop in town, hiring anyone stupid enough to work for someone who has the mark."

Sei: "Ah, so he DOES have the mark, then.

Good job, kiddo. I think, it may be time to pay his shop a visit. Just to ask a few questions, eh?"



________________________________________
Langley Verwelume (TorrentHKU)
Diamond Zeal (Mackerel)

Langley: "We'll take it. Ah, may we change in here?"

Shopkeep: ”Of course, there’s a changing room in the back.”

Langley hands the money to the Shopkeep, inconspicuously eyeing the old lady for any Marks.

None are found, thankfully, and Langley and Diamond take turns in the changing room to get into their new clothes.


A few minutes later and the duo step out of the shop, no longer magnets of attention, but definitely stylish!


________________________________________
Maxim Kapitanovich (TheKebbit)

You walk the perimeter, getting a look from all angles.

There don’t appear to be any open entrances, and no soul in sight. A distinct absence of people, despite the sounds of work and occasional chatter you can hear behind shuttered windows.

Very strange - you would think such a busy place would have more people moving in and out.


Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]