View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:07 am



Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298  Next
 Nechronica 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Lock eyes with the mudman and start cackling.

"Oh, that feels good. Would you like me to return the favor?"

> Vine. Meat snake. Jet nozzle. Happy pills.


Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Obliterate the remaining mudmen with meat snakes.

"Sally, can we get this walker running again?"


Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"I don't know."

> Regenerate eyes, look around for something resembling an exit.


Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:55 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Hm. We are inside the blob. But this seems too big. And too windy. I am not sure if this is fully real.
Ok. If this is Blobrosa's mind, then I am me, and everything else is the other Rosa. The wind is pushing me, but I do not think I want to go wherever it pushes.
Luckily, I am an expert in moving against flows.
Grip tight to Eigla, and Swim.


Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Rosa feels a sense of purpose welling up inside her. There would be plenty of time to be human, later. Now, she has to swim.

Too preoccupied to look around, Eigla clutches desperately to the coral mass as her Sword’s calcareous cocoon begins to crack and splinter, revealing the nascent leviathan within. Whalelike fins unfurl against the wind, tendrils sprout from every surface, and a pervasive salty smell floods her nostrils as clam-like armor plates slide back to reveal powerful supercavitating waterjets.

Rosa manages to retain some sense of self throughout her baleful metamorphosis, at least enough to recognise the power and grace of her new form. She beats her flippers with peerless force, closing her eyes as she prepares for the waves to break against her forehead.




...Wait. There’s - no waves? Huh. This ocean feels awfully dry too. Where’s all the water? This is confusing. Her fins flap around uselessly in the airstream, and she makes no progress whatsoever in changing her course.


...What is she doing?
Trying to- ARE YOU TRYING TO SWIM
YOU’RE A FISH NOT A BIRD
MAINROSA NO THAT IS THE WORST PLAN WE’RE IN THE SKY
AAAAAAAA WHY THIS
WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE


Indeed, while the shapechanging was taking place, the all-consuming sphere’s gargantuan bulk has drawn the girls ever closer to its event horizon. Amid the panicked screams of a dozen echoes, they pass the unreturnable threshold, and are consumed forever.






...

This feels, strangely warm, for oblivion. Moist, too. Maybe it’s Hell? Though, Hell would probably be more fiery, instead of... You’re not sure how to describe it. Like a damp cave, under miles and miles of bedrock.

Feeling blindly as your face begins to form, you manage to clutch the hand of your partner. Thank goodness, they didn’t get lost. Who were they again? Rosa, Eigla? Both? One of those options, probably. They gripped your fingers back, and you shook hands with yourself.



With a start, the girls’ minds separate again, and they begin to cough and squirm on the fleshy floor, pulling themselves from one another and from the primordial mass that birthed them. The cavern is dark, but the walls phosphoresce in a dull amber glow, enough for a vague shape to be seen, standing a few yards away.


Male Voice: ”There you two are. At least it spat you out somewhere I could reach. Oh, there’s more of Rosa too? There you dozen are, I suppose.

Girl, you’re in a heap of trouble, you know?”



________________________________________________



As Malia playfully disassembles the mudman, cackling ever louder, Klimt mops up the few remaining enemies.

Sally looks the stiltwalker up and down, frowning and poking at the broken leg joints with her drills.

Sally: ”Maybe. Engine bay’s prolly fine, but it ain’t going nowhere fast with half a pegleg. Gimme a hook here, les’ slide this knee back into place-“

Her speech is interrupted by a loud bang, and you see a small black object flying above the battlefield at incredible speeds, leaving a dark smoke trail amid the mist. After a few seconds, a muffled explosion can be heard in the distance.


Sally: ”...The AP cannon? What in Davy Jones’ name is she doing, firing while we’re still out here? An’ why’d she waste the good ammo on unarmored mud kings?

...

Somethin’ smells rotten. Come on, help me tie this leg together.”


Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:21 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Try to see the person.


Wed May 01, 2019 12:14 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Literally."


Wed May 01, 2019 12:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
>Let's see if these snakes are good for mechanical work as well. Assist Sally however I can.

"You don't suppose some mud went around and got HQ by surprise, then started shooting from there?"


Wed May 01, 2019 5:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Repair Sally with my medkit. Distribute coffin healing as necessary, prioritizing Klimt.


Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4990
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

???: "Still have your sense of humor, I see. Come on, let me help you up."

Eigla makes an effort to see better, wiping the layers of mucus and translucid skin covering her eyes, though her rigid, brittle fingers make the motion rather awkward. She sheds the outer layer of her face, just in time to see the figure approach and extend a hand towards Rosa.

It's... Pierre. At least, you think it is. The aged, sharp features and white beard are a dead giveaway, but there's something odd about his sillhouette and posture, as if something was pulling him towards the floor. He smiles grimly, or at least the side of his face that isn't covered in blood and giblets does.


_________________________________


As Malia walks around the group distributing first aid to the survivors, Klimt helps Sally try to get the stiltwalker operational. For several minutes they push and tug at the damaged steel limb, worriedly watching the sky for more projectiles. Three further shells fly above, disappearing in the mists before detonating, the muffled explosions echoing ominously across the mud flats.

Finally, the knee joint snaps back into place, and the war machine begins to slowly right itself. Klimt lets his aching tentacles uncoil, while Sally regards the horizon darkly.

Sally: "...T'was no misfire, they're still shootin'. Shiver me timbers, this ain't right.


Another explosion is heard, and one last oversized bullet whizzes across the battlefield, shaking the ground as it detonates. Except, this time, the echoes don't die down. A deep thud can be heard every second or two, and small waves form on the muddy puddles around the party. Malia feels her threads stand on end, in fear or anticipation.


Fri May 31, 2019 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> The NEET inside me knows this is some Saya no Uta ♥♥♥♥.

> Get between "Pierre" amd Rosa.

Defend
Protect [Rosa]
Meatshield [Rosa]
Vines [Support Rosa]
Princess [Rosa]

Prepare to Crawling Flesh "Pierre" if he attacks

Regenerate if damaged


Face the imposter.


"Who are you."


Fri May 31, 2019 8:31 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Eigla.
I think it is just Pierre.
We ate him. Or, the blob did."


Fri May 31, 2019 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11728
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Maintain defense, await response from "Pierre".


Fri May 31, 2019 8:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3867
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
"Whatever's about to surface is our problem now."


Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Nechronica
> Malia draws up to 2 madness from Klimt as she brushes her threads against him.

"I'm sure we can take care of it."


Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.030s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]